Batkid No. 8~ Chp. 1

AN: Im new to writing and this is my first ever book so feel free to give me tips or correct grammar etc. This story is about Katherine Vormings and her Bat-Crap crazy family. (Im so funny >:) ) Also shout out to Izabella bc without you I would be too scared to do this. 🥺💕

~Katherines POV~
"OI KID!"

Oh no I did something didn't I...or is it something I didn't do.

I could hear footsteps gaining speed and getting closer to my door. I quickly hid my burner phone in the box of my 'special belongings' and shoved the box back into the hole in the wall it usually abided in. I wouldn't dare let my foster mother see it's contents.
I stood up just in time and walked over to the door as she opened it.

"Old mate's on the veranda with some sheila who rekon's shes a case worker or something"

I quickly walk outside waiting at the end of the hall to watch the woman in charge of me walk into her bedroom.
"BLOODY HURRY UP YOU TWAT!" I heard her yell.

Oh crap. Ok you got this, its fine just walk out, talk and hopefully they'll leave.'

I walked to the end of the hall and past the lounge room and quickly checked the mirror my fosters kept at the front door before opening it to go and see 2 people siting in the old Bunnings chairs. A guy around 6'2 was sitting down checking his watch and my case worker was next to him.

"Thank you for joining us Ms Vormings, please take a seat" my caseworker said.

I sat down across from them. It was now the guys turn to speak, he spoke in an American accent.

"Oh Katherine, Hello thank you for agreeing to see me"

> Flashback time >:) <
"KATHERINE JANINE VORMINGS, HOW DARE YOU GO OUT AFTER SCHOOL!!"

Oh no....nonononono

"Sorry mum...."

"SORRY?!?! SORRYS NOT BLOODY GOOD ENOUGH YOU BRAT, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE FOR THE DELIVERY AND THEN TAKE IT TO THE FUCKING RING YOU STUPID FUCK!!!"

Don't cry. Oh god don't you dare, she'll start throwing hands.

SLAM! One.

SMACK!! Two.

THUNK!!! Three.
.
.
.
> Flashback over ;) <

"Hellooooo" My caseworker dragged out the 'O' and I realised I had tears running down my face. Shoot.

"Sorry, haha please j-just call me Kate.." I laughed nervously. The American man looked at me, suspicion clear in his eyes.

"Mr Wayne here, wants to adopt you."

Wait....ADOPT ME?!?! WHY WOULD HE WANT A SCRAWNY 13 YEAR OLD LIKE ME!?!?

"Why?" I ask slightly confused.

"I am Bruce Wayne, I want to adopt you and take you back to Gotham City with me. I want to try and give you a better home than this one. It's obviously not going well for you"

He points to the bruises on my shoulders and legs. I quickly tuck my legs in underneath me and adjust my shirt.

"I am aware that you have grown up here but I want to adopt you, give you a loving family. I already applied for a Visa for you, to keep you in the U.S until you're old enough to make the decision for yourself, I just need your consent." He finishes.

So he WANTS to adopt me and make me leave the country....Wait did he say family? Like multiple people? Im so fucking confused...

"I'm willing to give up as much as I can to adopt you kid, I really want to be here for you if you're interested."

Shit. I want this so bad. I need to know more about this weird guy who wants to take me to another country.

"So you WANT me right?"

"I have said it 3 times"

"I want to know more about this"

"How is, I'm a billionaire in the U.S because I run a very successful tech company, I have 4 sons and 3 daughters and only one of them is my biological child, you won't be forced to do anything at home because we have a butler, you will be treated as a person and cared for as such and you will be allowed to do what you like as long as you follow the very few rules we have, for you?"

"Wow, I just wanted to know stuff like, 'Whats the family like?' WAIT DID YOU SAY BILLIONAIRE?!?!"

"Yes, also the family is kind of 'hectic' if I said that right"

"Are they all off there rocker?"

"Yes?"

"Yeah you said that right, and if you want a kid from Australia, I don't recommend myself"

"I wasn't asking for a recommendation kiddo"

"Ok, this has been fun but we should probably finish this conversation and sign the papers that need signing so we can be on our way, yes?" My case worker interrupts.

"Sure" We both say in sync. We sign some paperwork together and tell my fosters, who despite their horrible efforts to hide it, couldn't be happier and he was on his way.

_______________________
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my Batfam book, I actually wrote 6 chapters today (I know I'm shocked too) because my parents were at work and I stayed home "Sick" so they will be out soon. I'm Australian, thats why I wrote the character as Aussie too, I used some slang so I'm sorry if you got confused, hopefully you can figure it out. Im sorry this chapter is so short. I spent a long time editing and changing parts so it made sense. Anyways, just know that I love and appreciate you all and that you are valid 💕✨ -Maddie
~996 Words~
P.s
This is what she was wearing (This part is just for fun 💝) :

sThis is what she was wearing (This part is just for fun 💝) :

(Pretend her hair is whatever colour you want 🥰)