♧5♧

After getting the information they needed, Lord Phantomhive and his butler exit the store. Allen hummed his uncle's tune, playing around with the ribbon that hung off the hat.

"Allen."

"Hm?" Moving his gaze away from the ribbon in his hand, he watched as the Undertaker twirled a strand of his hair around his finger.

"I've been meaning to ask..." Undertaker leaned back against the desk behind him, his attention still on the strand he's playing with.

"Aniki?"

"Would you be willing to tell me about your past?"

Allen watched him closely. Nea in the back, playing with something listening closely.

"I won't pressure you to tell me." Undertaker smiled, humming to himself.

"Aniki, it's a long story. Not sure where to begin," Allen's brows furrowed.

Snatching the hat off Allen's head and placing it back on himself with a twirl, Undertaker laughed long black nails were placed under Allen's chin, making him lookup.

"Don't feel pressured into telling until you're ready! Okay!" Undertaker tapped Allen's nose, earning a pout from him and a laugh from Nea.

"But I-"

Undertaker brought out a chain from somewhere, dangling it in front of Allen. He placed it in Allen's palm, giving a small smile.  

"I've had this for a very long time. I want you to have it but keep it close and don't lose it." Undertaker turned back heading towards the back room, before he could disappear he looked over his shoulder with a toothy grin.

"It was supposed to be a gift for Red," with that being said, he disappeared to the back room.

Allen eyed the place Undertaker had stood before disappearing out of the room and leaving Allen alone. He looked down in his palm looking at the chain which connected to a small locket. It was golden with a simple vine design going all around it. Allen admired it more before carefully opening it just a bit, hearing a small tune start to play. 

"Is that?" He muttered, deciding to open the locket all the way. His eyes widened when he saw what was inside a small picture of him when he was small and his hair was still its copper color. He was smiling brightly and a tall man stood next to him, holding him with a smile. One eye covered and the other bright green with a bit of yellow circling around his pupil. 

Allen's eyes soften and started to fill with water. He felt so loved just by seeing the picture of him and his Aniki. Something else in the locket caught his attention under the lid of the locket there were small words engraved on the back of the lid. 

"Happy Birthday Red, may all your dreams and wishes come true." - Aniki 

He smiled at the words tears making their way down his face in both happiness and sadness. He had a feeling Undertaker was going to give this locket to him before he disappeared. 

"So stupid." Allen huffed a laugh, wiping away the remainder of his tears before closing the locket and stopping the tune as well. His heart filled with warmth from the picture and the fact that Undertaker remembered the lullaby. 

"Allen?" 

Turning Allen saw his uncle Nea walk up to him with a worried expression his hand shooting up and gently placed against his cheek.

"Did something happen?" His uncle asked concern shining in his golden eyes. 

Allen sighed, leaning in against the hand on his cheek smiling down at the locket in his palm.