♧15♧

Thank you to enjali29 for always providing me with suggestions! Big shout out to them!
****
At the Black Order, many exorcists were injured and recuperating from the sudden increase of Akuma sighted. Staying close to the shadows, Sheril started gaining Intel. He would follow closely behind scientists in order to get a deeper dive into what's been happening around the Order as well as looking through reports.

"Have we found anything yet?" One scientist asked.

A sigh left the lips of the other, "We lost contact with our team in England. Nothing has been reported back."

"Komui, does that mean we have a lead then? If we only lost contact with the exorcists in England, does that leave us with a lead?"

"I don't know. It could be anything or nothing. Could be that the Earl has sent his Akuma to eliminate them, or the Underground has gotten to them."

"What are the-"

Komui sighed, "Look, from the data we collected, it seems to be an abrupt shift. The Exorcists are probably in an area with low communications, and if that is, then we have to wait until one of them contacts us and alerts us if there is anything bad going on."

The scientist turned and walked away. Leaving Komui to his paperwork once again. He's gotten so tired of speculation, and with the recent disappearing exorcists, he's had his hand's full babysitting idiots.

"Komui,"

The head scientist let out an exhausted sigh, looking up from his work as he watched Lavi walk out of the shadows.

"What can I help you with Lavi?" Komui sat back.

"What's the report?"

"You know I can't tell you," Komui replied.

Lavi rolled his eyes, grabbing the report off Komui's desk. He only said he couldn't tell him not that he couldn't see the report.

"Is it really that bad?" Lavi asked, reading over the report.

Komui nodded.

"How's Allen?"

"From what I can tell, he's not in captivity, which is a good thing," Komui stated, whispering when he said it so no one could hear him.

"What is going on then? I see generals and CROWs talking, whispering in the shadows."

Komui looked to the side but covered it with a smile. He wrote something down, handing a document to Lavi.

"This is your next mission. Be sure to take great caution. Choose those to come with, those who you trust."

Lavi took the document. He looked down at it. In the dark corners of the room, lurked a shadow closely listening in.

"Reporting in."

"Any news?"

"Something is going on here. The Bookman received a mission but the head scientist is acting strange."