Chapter 10: A King's Weakness

Jungkook's POV

Nearly a week since the death of the two knights. I made a decision to visit Y/N and Jin. "Hoseok, we are traveling to Gwacheon. I trust you that you can do whatever you need, to King Seokjin?" "Yes sire." We both had left for our journey.

I signaled Hoseok to go inside the palace. "I am here to visit the King." Hoseok said to the guard, and they allowed him in. I went around the palace to only see Y/N sitting near the garden.

"Good Morning my beautiful Y/N." I said. She looked at me. "O-oh hello Jungkook." She said. "Would you like to take a stroll?" I asked her with an innocent smile. "Umm, sure I suppose." She answered. I helped her get up and we began to walk.

"I am very sorry about the loss of your friends." I said, giving her a sincere smile. She simply gave me a sad smile and quickly looked down. "So how long have you been a knight for?" I asked her. "I began when I was 15, so about 7 years." She responded.
"That's pretty impressive." I said to her and she only chuckled slightly. I know she's hurting, but this is for us.

Hoseok's POV

I went into the palace and headed to the King's study. "Come in." I went inside and greeted him.
"Hello my king." I said as I bowed. "Greetings. Now what is the reason that you are here?" Jin asked.
"Well I- um. Oh my what is that behind you." I said. He turned around and I quickly put a drop of my potion in the glass of water on his desk.
"Oh sorry false alarm. Oh my look at the time, I need to go back to my house. I am sorry for wasting your time." I said as I bowed and left before he even said anything.

Jin's POV

Hoseok quickly left, which was strange. I felt a bit dehydrated so I drank my water.
I suddenly started coughing violently. I drank more water but that caused me to cough more.
Before I knew it, I started coughing up blood. I heard the door open and maids came. They quickly called the royal doctor and took me to my room. Soon the doctor came.

Y/N's POV

Me and Jungkook were walking in the garden and having small talk until a maid ran to me with a worried face.
"Knight Lee!" She yelled. "What's wrong Byeol?" I asked her, holding her shoulders. "King Seokjin has fallen extremely ill." She cried.
My whole world stopped. "No. No." I went into the palace and went into his room, and I saw the doctor. I went to Jin and held his hand.

"What's wrong with him, doctor?" I asked. "Well, his illness is something that I have never heard of, it is strange, but death is not an option. He will be I'll for a few months and will get better." Doctor Wang said.
"Okay, thank you Jackson." I thanked him. "Of course, I'll come check on you tomorrow morning King Seokjin. Y/N you will need to go and get these medicines." Told us both, and handed me a paper with the names of the medicines written.

Everyone left, only me, Jungkook, and Jin in the room. "What happened Jin?" I asked while tears threatened to fall.
"I don't know, I started choking and I coughed up blood." He said.
"Hey, you promised me you won't leave me." I said, giving him a sad smile. "And I never will, you heard what Jackson said, death isn't an option here." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"I'll go and get the medicines. Make sure you rest." I told him. "Yes, yes, yes whatever. Jungkook, can you accompany Y/N, and go with her to get the medicines?" "Of course Hyung. Shall we go Y/N?"

Y/N's POV

We both went to the village to pick up the medicines. I was walking a bit slower than Jungkook, and I was behind him. I looked around and saw three men. It looked so familiar. I put that thought away. As a Knight I had to go help the man out. I went to them and took out my sword.

"I am Knight Lee, and I don't think the King would be happy seeing you harass his citizens. So I suggest you leave now, before I throw you in the dungeon." I said in a threatening voice. "Y-yes Knight Lee." They said and left. "Are you okay sir?" I asked him, putting my sword away. "Yes I am. Thank you." He said. That voice. So familiar. I slowly turned around.

'Taehyung?'