Twenty-Seven | If Only Happy Endings Were Real

I am sad to say that this is the last part of this story. I've had a lot of fun writing this and seeing all your comments, it's just made me so motivated to write and continue this story. So thank you very much! And I have a small announcement: it is official, I will be making a sequel to this book. But it won't be for a while, I need to get my ideas in order. So I'll be writing another story in the meantime, it'll be a BakuDeku music AU with no quirks. It'll be released on Tuesday, January 19, while I'm writing that I'll be organizing my ideas for the sequel and the sequel will be released once I'm finished with the other BakuDeku story. Thank you again for the support with this book and enjoy this last and final part!

After going back to Sero's house that day Katsuki and all the dragons discussed how to rebuild the dragon kingdom. Since many of the dragons there were from the previous dragon kingdom, the picture of the new dragon kingdom was vividly clear to all. The plan was then drawn out and from there they made their way to where the first dragon kingdom fell, it wasn't too far from Sero's house.

Once at the first dragon kingdom Katsuki took some time with Izuku to look at all the fallen rubble. He shed some tears but then got to work, they first built shelters so that they can sleep peacefully during the night while construction was going on. After the shelters were built they started clearing the rubble from where the castle was planned to be built.

It didn't take too long since dragons were helping, but then they got to work on getting the stone for the castle. That took a few days, once it was done they started on the frame of the castle. Overall it took a couple of months to build the castle and once it was built Katsuki allowed everyone to stay inside until houses were built for each individual.

It took a year for each house to get built and for furniture to be put in the castle, the furniture for everyone else was made by one dragon who devoted herself to making everyone's furniture, Rei Todoroki. She felt indebted to Katsuki and asked to make furniture for him but he declined since the furniture was already bought for his castle. So instead he asked if she was willing to help others with their furniture which she happily said, "I'll do my best!"

After a few more years the kingdom became stable, rules were in place and the economy was doing well. Once people in the rebel town heard that the dragon kingdom was back many moved there. Everything was going great except one thing that bothered Katsuki the most, he was technically still just a prince, not a king.

"I need a coronation or something, right?" Katsuki asked Izuku as they were eating breakfast.

"I believe that's the right step," Izuku said and took a bite out of the eggs he was eating.

"I agree, if you want to be called a king officially then a coronation is the way to go!" Kirishima said before he stuffed his face with bacon.

"But what will that make Izu? Will he be a prince? Will he be a king? What will he be?" Katsuki asked as this somehow concerned him more.

"Kacchan, this is a new kingdom you can create a new line of royalty if you desire," Izuku said which made Katsuki smile.

"Okay! We'll crown me and Izuku king at the upcoming coronation!" Katsuki shouted as he stood from his chair.

"Upcoming coronation? But there isn't one," Kirishima pointed out as Izuku nodded in agreement.

"Not right now, but there will be!" Katsuki shouted as he left the room to set up a date for the coronation. Kirishima and Izuku stare at each other and laugh a bit, Izuku then got up and followed Katsuki to his office.

Izuku softly knocked at the door and opened it, he walked in and leaned against the desk. "Kacchan, it would be more ideal if I became a king with you if we were married," Izuku quietly said this made Katsuki stop dead in his tracks.

"M-m-married?" Katsuki stuttered as he looked up at Izuku.

"If I were to become king now it'll be confusing since we're-" Izuku started to explain but got cut off by Katsuki yelling.

"THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO MARRY ME!" Katsuki yelled which made the greenette's eyes widen.

"W-wait, what?" Izuku said in shock as Katsuki ran around his desk in front of Izuku. He got down on one knee and held Izuku's hands in his, Izuku just stared at him bewildered.

"I said, marry me Izuku Midoriya," Katsuki's red eyes stared up into Izuku's emerald eyes.

"Of course I will!" Izuku said as Katsuki jumped up and hugged him. He then pulled back and gave him a long and passionate kiss.

"Now we need a wedding and coronation, so much to do!" Katsuki shouted as he ran back behind his desk.

"May I propose something?" Izuku asked this made Katsuki look up at him. He gave him the signal to go on, "We should do your coronation first, then prepare for the wedding. After the wedding we can have my coronation, it'll be easier since we can space it out."

Katsuki paused and sat in his chair to think about Izuku's proposal, it was more logical than what was going on in Katsuki's head. "That sounds more reasonable, I got carried away in happiness," Katsuki said as he scratched the back of his head.

"You've been pretty happy lately so I don't mind," Izuku said as Katsuki signalled him to sit on his lap. Izuku did so and the blonde held the greenette close, "We should have your coronation soon." Katsuki nodded at Izuku's suggestion and they both started discussing a date.

The coronation was planned a week from their discussion, everyone in the kingdom was happy to hear about it and were already doing everything they can to prepare for it. But once the day arrived Katsuki became nervous, he wasn't sure if he could be the best ruler for the kingdom. But lucky for him, he had Izuku who gave him the courage to go up in front of everyone.

When the coronation finished Katsuki then announced his engagement to Izuku, then a celebration was held in the center of town for the new king and the engagement. It was a lot of fun, people were dancing, singing, and cheering but to Katsuki it felt like home.

They then began to plan for the wedding which they decided would be about six months from Katsuki's coronation, it felt like a reasonable amount of time to prepare everything. But can things really work out by six months or could something or someone get in the way?

"I'll declare war on the dragon kingdom and when that happens I'll kill Katsuki Bakugou and take Izuku. I may be married to Momo now but I can just toy around with Izuku, I'll have him if it's the last thing I'll do."

End

I wanted to add that the sequel is officially out and has been for a while, I kind of forgot to mention it on this story. It's called War, you can find it on my main page. This is what the cover looks like:

Edited: 03-13-21Hope everyone enjoyed this last part and I can't wait until I have the sequel ready! Until then I'll be writing another BakuDeku book, lots of love

Edited: 03-13-21
Hope everyone enjoyed this last part and I can't wait until I have the sequel ready! Until then I'll be writing another BakuDeku book, lots of love. Virgo 100% out✌🏻

Word count: 1311