Seventeen | The Punishment Midoriya Received

"Are you alright now?" Katsuki asked before he slightly released the boy. Izuku didn't respond, instead, he held onto Katsuki tighter. Katsuki was taken back by Izuku's action, he held onto the greenette again. The greenette wasn't crying anymore nor was he saying anything, all the movement he made was his chest moving with every intake of air.

"One day, actually a month, I believe, before the wedding, I received news," Izuku suddenly said. Katsuki looked down at him but decided not to say anything to allow the greenette to carry on. "My mother passed away from an incurable disease, I didn't even know she had a disease. I talked to Shoto about visiting her grave once she was buried but... he rejected."

"He rejected your wish of seeing your mother's grave?" Katsuki asked, he felt Izuku nod.

"Yeah, I didn't think anything of it at first. I was pretty angry at him for rejecting my wish but I thought once she was buried he would let me visit her. But when that happened he still said no... it made me really upset. So one evening I snuck out and ran to the kingdom's graveyard, I searched everywhere for her grave but I couldn't find it. It's the graveyard where everyone is buried, I thought she was going to be there."

"That's strange," Katsuki added and Izuku let go of him. He moved away so he was now face to face with Katsuki, Kirishima was also listening to the story and grunted in agreement with Katsuki.

"That's what I thought, so I went back to the castle. I got caught by Shoto, one of the guards informed him that they saw me leaving. He pulled me back inside and... I don't want to talk about what happened next. After that, I wanted to find out more about my mom's death, to me, things weren't lining up. And I was right."

Izuku paused to catch his breath, "I soon found out that my mom didn't die from a disease. She died from a fire, her whole body was burnt to ash in the fire. But the fire wasn't a house fire, it was a huge bonfire. I was shocked when I learned this, so I went straight to Shoto wanting answers. I didn't like the answer."

Katsuki saw Izuku hyperventilate a bit, he quickly pulled him closer. "You're hyperventilating, you need to calm down Izu. Inhale and exhale, just take your time. Don't force yourself," Katsuki said as he saw Kirishima nod his big head.

"R-right, well... he told me she burned due to suspicion of being a witch. She obviously wasn't! There was absolutely no proof of her being a witch. I asked him who accused her, he said our neighbour... but he's my uncle so I knew something was wrong when he said that. That evening at the dinner table I heard Shoto and king Enji talking, they seemed to have thought I couldn't hear them but I did."

Katsuki watched Izuku's eyes tear up again, they were ready to spill at any minute. "Shoto said to the king that he was thankful for getting rid of... Inko, my mom. The second I heard that I stood up glaring at Shoto, his expression went from shocked to angry. He told me to sit down but I didn't listen, I yelled at him and said some horrible stuff to him. He was livid, he stood up and grabbed me. He took me to the dungeon below the castle, I was punished for a whole week down there. One meal a day, my back was whipped for an hour every day, Shoto would sometimes come in and... um-"

Before he could finish his sentence Katsuki's hand covered his mouth, Izuku looked into Katsuki's concerned eyes. Izuku started to cry again, Katsuki pulled him closer and hugged him again. Izuku now sat on his lap, his legs wrapped around Katsuki's torso and his arms around Katsuki's neck. The blonde had his arms around the greenette's slim waist, he then thought for a moment.

"Can I see your back?" Katsuki suddenly asked, Izuku quickly looked at Katsuki confused. "You must have scars on your back if they did that every day for a week," Katsuki said as Izuku nodded. Izuku moved his head into the crook of Katsuki's neck, the blonde knew that the greenette was embarrassed.

Katsuki slowly lifted Izuku 's vest and shirt, luckily they were quite loose on him. He saw the scars that started from below his pant line to further up his back, there were a ton of them. He unconsciously traced one of the scars, the blonde heard a whine come from the greenette. He quickly removed his hand from the greenette's back, "Sorry," Katsuki said near Izuku's ear.

"It's alright, they're just sensitive... that's all," Izuku said as he pulled away from Katsuki's neck. He softly smiled at the blonde, Katsuki felt his heart almost melt. He looked down at the position he and Izuku were in, Izuku's arms were still around his neck and his legs were still around his torso. But their faces, their faces were so close.

Katsuki leaned forward a bit, Izuku's eyes widen slightly. But Katsuki quickly backed away, Izuku soon unwrapped himself from the blonde and looked at Kirishima. "Hey, Kiri! We should land soon and find a place to stay for the night," Izuku suggested as Kirishima nodded. Katsuki smiled a bit once he saw that Izuku took charge and seemed to be back to himself.

*

"Shit, Jiro we lost them," Kendo said as she stared up at the sky.

"I know," Jiro sighed as she rubbed her temples. "Can anyone smell them?"

"No, they're too far away," Shoji said as Jiro just groaned.

"What should we do now?" Kendo asked as they started walking away. No one spoke as they watched the girl with purple hair walk ahead of them, they had no clue what she was thinking.

"We'll go find prince Shoto and report back to him that we had them but they slipped out of grasp," Jiro said as the others stopped and stared at her back.

"But... Jiro that'll result in punishment," Tetsu Tetsu said as the others nodded in agreement.

"I know but we have to accept that we failed," Jiro said as the others' eyes widen.

"But Jiro! We can keep searching for them, come on let's go back they must've landed now," Awase said a bit worried.

"Do you not understand the situation now?" Jiro asked as she turned around to face the hunters. The hunters remained quiet, they waited for Jiro to go on. "Katsuki Bakugou is there and his dragon, what was the rule that princess Momo gave us."

"That if we come across a dragon or the Bakugou's son and his dragon we must get her to take care of it," Ojiro said as Jiro nodded.

"Exactly, even though we are doing this for prince Shoto we can't disobey princess Momo's orders. Now, let's go to prince Shoto then to princess Momo," Jiro said as the hunters agreed. They then ran out of the mountains and followed the trail of prince Shoto's scent.

Edited: 03-03-21

Word count: 1210