4

The door opened adding light to the dark cold room that held him. A plate of food gently placed in front of him grabbed his attention. He's never had food placed on the floor so gently before. He opened his only good eye to see a dark skinned girl in front of him with large curly hair and not the usual angry men who abused him after throwing his food into the floor and made him eat like a dog.

"Who are you?" He weakly asked. He tried clearing his throat but it did him no justice. She handed him a bottle of cold water, something he hasn't had in God only knows how long. He wanted to thank her but chose to drink instead then thanked her.

He doesn't remember how he got here or when he did but he does know that the minute he opened his eyes at this hell hole, it's been nothing but hell. His left eye is so swollen he can't even see out of it and he's not sure if it's permanent or just the cause of being beat the fuck up everyday.

"I'm your saving grace," She smiled at him before heading to the door. "You want out of here just as much as I do," And she left the room.

Saving grace? Grace? Grace? Grace! All the memories of his life came back all at once. He's been beaten so bad he can't think straight on some days, before he got here he doesn't remember what happened other than a shoot out with his father.

The steam from the food in front of him snapped him out of his thoughts and back to reality. It doesn't matter how long he's been gone, no one has looked for him. He's on his own and now all he can think about is getting the hell out. He scarfed the food down then laid back onto the floor using the towel they threw at him for the blood. It's now dry and crusted blood feels disgusting but it's all he's got.

He's all he's got.

*

*

*

*

As soon as she left the room she felt a wave of sadness overcome her. He looks terrible, he doesn't even look like a person just a tall stack of bones. There's no muscle build, his eye is swollen shut and dried blood and bruises stained his body. What is her father doing? What's the point of all of this?

Her feet began moving faster than her mind. For some reason she felt compelled to get him out of this situation and to get him back to Grace. She knew it's what they both needed even if it'll cost her life and her happiness. There's nothing for her to live for anymore, her father made sure of it.

She left the basement of their south Italian home, looking over her shoulder every once in a while. It'll take her a few hours to get back to Grace's apartment so she decided to stay here and break Alessandro out herself. How? She has no idea.

Liyah sat in her old room trying to figure out a plan to get him out of that basement and away from here. Her father won't be here until tomorrow and that'll give her enough time to head to a little home she purchased in Libya after her mother died. Her father doesn't know about it so it'll be perfect hide out.

She sat and thought out all the possibilities. Her car could have tracking on it. She could take a bus or a train. Her father could probably track her phone. She'd have to get rid of it and get a new one. Why does she feel the need to help? To her it's simple: she loves Grace but she hates her father even more. If she can see him suffer in anyway before he takes he life, she will be happy.

Liyah waited another twenty minutes before heading back down to the basement where he laid on the cold floor. She unlocked the door and kicked his leg. He jumped up and looked at her with big eyes.

"Let's go," Liyah simply said and he didn't argue with her. Whether it was to be free or to his death, he followed. Whichever outcome it is, he is perfectly fine with either.

___________________________

Bonus chapter!!! Okay after this updates will be weekends 😭😂. I have chapters in draft and it's sooooo hard not to publish the entire thing!!!

I don't plan on Book 2 being a long drawn out book but then again we never know how Dro and Grace will react to each other so who knows how long this book will be? I really plan for about 20-30 chapters.

How're y'all liking Liyah? I told y'all she's loyal to Grace, I'm not so sure about Alessandro though.

This is just the kick off to the BULLSHIT that Liyah's father is about to unleash. His babygirl is missing and so is his hostage? Yeah not good for this little short tempered man.

Alessandro ISNT dead! I never wanted to kill him off, he's literally a missing piece of Grace and I'm getting headaches writing her so cold and depressed.

Alessa and Rico below I found these on Google! I do not own! Instagram for the boy is __stephanierenee (found that by chance too) let's imagine he has blue eyes like Rico in book 1 😂

If you guys need an update at how their house looks go back to that last chapter of Grace