Chapter One

Tony stands at the floor-length window that looks out over New York beyond. His eyes unfocused though as he processes everything. That he has a daughter that is far more special than he thought, and he knew she was special, of course, she is, she's his kid. But this is just on a whole new level. He kind of wishes Loki was still here. He then snorts because what the hell did he just think? Loki. He thought of Loki.

"What?" Tatiana asks him as she moves closer to him.

"I just thought that I wished Loki was here" He admits and turns to her. "He was magic and...."

"You have me" She assures him. "You can ask me anything...." Tony nods a little, he does have her, his link to the magic world. He raises an eyebrow and then crosses his arms over his chest.

"When you moved here, you said it was for work" He starts, she hums and nods.

"I took a position at MACUSA, the Magical Congress of the United States of America" She explains. "It's basically the magical government here" She adds seeing his confusion. "Straight out of Hogwarts they offered me a training position....that's why I was here..." He nods a little. "After Pix was born.....When I got an offer from the Ministry of Magic in London, I just wanted to go home, I thought I would fall in love with America but..." She shakes her head and looks out the window.

"It's that Sirius guy, right?" Tony asks, she hums and nods. They've talked a lot about him, he was part of why they didn't work out, Tatiana was still hopelessly in love with him, probably still is now. "Because he wasn't here...."

"Well...him and Sev" She admits. "I hated being away from my brother..." She shrugs. "You know she's going to be fine, right?" She asks him. "She's very smart...resourceful, so cunning...observant..." He laughs a little.

"She's a sarcastic little shit when she wants to be" He counters, Tatiana chuckles and nods. "But yeah...I know"

"Plus...Sev is a teacher at Hogwarts" She tells him. "She'll be okay" She brushes her hand over his cheek. "He'll look out for her" Tony smirks a little.

"Okay, so...pray tell, what the hell do they teach at magic school?" He asks her, she turns to him.

"Urm...nothing crazy" She answers, he narrows his eyes a little. She sighs. "Well...Sev teaches potions"

"Of course" Tony teases.

"Herbology. History of Magic. Broom flight...Charms. Duelling. Ancient Runes. Divination. Care of Magical Creatures. Transfiguration...."

"What's that one?"

"Changing objects from one type of thing into another" She explains. "I was pretty good at it, expect Pix to pick that talent up from me" He raises an eyebrow at her. "I'm an animagus...very impressive"

"You're going to have to make me a dictionary, Tats," He tells her. "There are a lot of new words here" He glances at her. "What is an animagus?"

"A witch or wizard that can turn themselves into an animal..." She answers. He gives her a look. She sighs and takes a few steps back from him, winks and then instantly there is a grey wolf stood in her place. Tony's eyes widen as he stares at her. She then turns back and sweeps her hair over her shoulder and gives him a small shy smile.

"Okay...Okay...." He starts, rambling a little. "What the hell?" He asks her. "Is it genetic?" He counters.

"No, it's learnt..." She assures him, he nods. "And...Look...You can't tell anyone, Tony" Tatiana warns him. "This has to stay with us....you, me, and Pix...." He nods a little, but come on, his daughter has magic, he's going to want to scream that, his daughter is actually magic. He lets out a breath and looks at her.

"Your job" Tony starts. "You're not a....historian, are you?" He asks her, she shakes her head.

"No" She agrees. "I am an Auror" She admits, he frowns at her.

"And what's that when it's in English?" He teases slightly, she smirks and shrugs.

"It's..." She stops and then leans forward. "Basically, we're the magical worlds answer to police officers and their military" Tony nods, actually very impressed, he had no idea she was off being a badass. "We...investigate crimes relating to dark magic....."

"Okay, slightly more terrified of you now" He admits, she shakes her head. "Right, and this magic school..."

"Hogwarts" She corrects.

"Magic school" He mumbles more to himself. She gives him a look.

"It's in Scotland, and it is a boarding school" She admits, softening because she knows how he is going to take this. Tony closes his eyes and leans back, his hands pressing into his eyes. "I know how you feel about sending her to boarding school" She adds softer. "But she has to go...for her own good...."

"I swore I would never send her away" He mumbles. "I hated it...I hated it so much" He presses his hands into his eyes and Tatiana reaches up to brush her hand through his hair. "Okay," He whispers. If Tatiana is standing firm on this then it must be important. He doesn't know what to do with a magical child. He doesn't know that world. He is vastly ill-informed about who his daughter is. "Okay" He adds sadder, because he doesn't know how he is going to live without his daughter right there with him.

"Oh cheer up, darling," She tells him. "It's not forever, and she can come back for Christmas....for the summer...."

"It's not the same" He whispers and looks at her. "Since" He taps his arc reactor and closes his eyes. "This" He states. "Having her around or...you know, a flight away....it made everything easier...." He lets out a breath and touches the window. "Gonna miss having her around..."

"I know" She agrees. "But think of it this way..." He looks at her. "You have a whole new magical world to learn about" He raises an eyebrow. "With our own inventions and history..." Tony hums a little.

"Makes it a little better" He mumbles. But he truly is going to miss his daughter. "How long?" He asks quietly.

"She starts September 1st," Tatiana tells him, he nods, at least he has all summer to spend with her. "If it makes it easier, you can take her all summer" She offers. "Take her somewhere...just the two of you, soak up some sun, hit the slopes...." Tony looks at her and smiles. "Take her to Paris, stuff your faces with pastries and cheese..." Tatiana then looks over her shoulder as Pixie wanders back into the room, her eyes flickering between the two of them. Tony turns and looks at her softly. Can see she is just as worried as Tatiana was about him leaving. He moves closer to his daughter.

"This is really a big worry for you guys, huh?" Tony asks as he crouches in front of Pixie. "It's okay, Pixie Stix" He assures her softly. "I'm not going anywhere" She nods and steps closer to him, letting him hug her tightly.