Chapter Thirty

The Hogwarts Express seems to take longer from the school back to King's Cross now that Pixie actually wants to get there faster

The Hogwarts Express seems to take longer from the school back to King's Cross now that Pixie actually wants to get there faster. She manages to sit with Pansy, Tracey and Daphne in a compartment, and for the most part, no one wants a conversation. Daphne reads from a magazine. Tracey and Pansy do some potions homework together. Pixie has an engineering book open in her lap but she's not really reading it, she just taps her quill to the pages as she stares out the window. London. They are finally in London and within a few moments, they start into the station. Pixie quickly packs up her things, wanting to get off of this thing as soon as possible. To see her parents again. She grabs her jacket and rushes out of the compartment with a quick 'see you in a few weeks' to her housemates.

.....

Pixie holds to the strap of her bag as she drops down off the train. She didn't bother with her trunk as she still has a load of stuff at both parents' houses, she just packed some books that she wanted to read if she gets a chance. She looks along the platform, they have a prearranged meeting place just to make it easier. There is a big clock that hangs off the wall, and right under it, should be her parents. She heads towards the clock, weaving through the parents and the other students as they reunite. But Pixie ignores them. Her eyes find Tatiana first. But Tony isn't here. Which does worry her. They both promised to be here together. Tatiana stands alone, worrying, chewing on her thumb. This instantly puts Pixie on edge. Something is wrong. She drags her trunk towards her mother who barely even reacts to her own daughter.

"Mom?" Pixie asks, Tatiana looks so out of sorts. Pixie's never seen her mother look like this. Like she hasn't made an effort. Even on Sunday mornings, she makes an effort. Tatiana turns to face her, eyes a little distance before she realises and smiles at Pixie.

"Oh," Tatiana whispers as she touches Pixie's head. "Urm, hey, how was the trip?"

"It was fine" Pixie answers with a frown. "Where's Dad?"

"Pixie" Tatiana crouches in front of her daughters. Something is wrong. Pixie frowns. Something is very wrong. Her mother looks heartbroken. Upset.

"Dad" Pixie breaths, her mind instantly going to the worst-case scenario.

"No" Tatiana is quick to assure her. "No, no, Tony is absolutely fine...It's Happy" Tatiana draws her fingers under Pixie's chin. "There was an attack...."

"Is he dead?!" Pixie lets out, her voice breaking as tears gather in her eyes.

"No" Tatiana argues. "He's in the hospital...I should probably have started by saying that no one is dead, but I just...I'm not very good at bad news...." Tatiana lets out a breath. "I've barely slept..." She let out a breath. "Your dad wanted to be here, but he's been working all night trying to figure out what happened....we'll head back to the apartment and then floo across to the house in Malibu," Pixie notices Hermione nearby with her parents, but she's watching Pixie and Tatiana with concerned eyes, clearly being able to read that something is wrong. Tatiana grabs the handle of Pixie's trunk and then holds out her arm. Pixie takes it and Tatiana apparates them away.

........

Pixie stands on the balcony overlooking London, she is worried now. Happy is a dear family friend. Someone that has always treated her with kindness, always treated her as if she was his own daughter. He is a part of this family. And he is hurt. Some Christmas this is turning out to be.

"Do you want to get changed first?" Tatiana asks as she sets up the fireplace for floo travel. Pixie shakes her head and turns, heading back inside, closing the balcony doors behind her. "Have something to eat?"

"No" Pixie answers. "I just want to see Dad and Happy..." Tatiana nods and lets out-breath, running her fingers through her hair. They both just want to know that Happy is okay. To see with their own eyes.

"Okay, then come here" Tatiana waves her closer, Pixie hurries to her side. Tatiana holds out a little tin box filled with powder. "You remember how to do this?" Pixie nods and then rolls her eyes.

"It's only been a few months" She teases, Tatiana smiles softly and then kisses her head.

"When you are ready" Tatiana assures her, Pixie takes a handful of the powder and moves towards the fireplace. She scatters the powder into the flames, and steps forward.

"Malibu mansion" She states, green flames erupt around her before they disappear around her to reveal Tony's Malibu mansion living room beyond. She steps out into the living room and lets the whole place just sink into her. It's more modern and more muggle, more technological than Tatiana's apartment. Cleaner. Sharp edges and white surfaces.

"Welcome home, Miss Pixie"

"Jarvis" She greets warmly, smiling up at the ceiling. "It feels like forever" She lets out as Tatiana appears in the fireplace behind her.

"Miss Snape" Jarvis greets and Tatiana nods back already moving to find Tony as Pixie stands there, on her own, looking around. Waiting.

"Tony!" Tatiana yells as she heads down the stairs. "Tons?!" Pixie drops onto the couch and lets out a breath. She has missed this place, but knowing that Happy is in the hospital makes this homecoming rather flat and dull. Hollow. She sniffles a little, thinking about her friend in pain. A member of this family is in pain. In hospital. She pulls her leg under herself and looks over at the photo of Tony and Happy on the table, it's sweet, from about eleven and something years ago. Just after Pixie was born. Actually, that photo was taken at the hospital just after her birth. Happy had been right there besides Tony as he heavy breathed into a paper bag, freaking out at the prospect of being a father. Tony walks up from the garage workshop and into the living room. He knows it sounds stupid but he thought there would be a huge difference, that it feels like she was gone far longer than she actually was, but there she is. The same little girl that left home for boarding school. Pixie lets out a breath and turns her head, her eyes settling straight on him before she moves fast, crossing the room so she can hug him tightly, clutching to him. He looks down at her surprised by the sheer strength of the affection.

"Hey, Pixel" He offers, she hums. "I hope you remember how much you love me when you are thirteen, all hormonal and you hate everyone and everything" He teases as he strokes her hair.