CHAPTER 5 - Today Was Not in Fact Better

I really shouldn't have said the next day would be better because today already seems like a shit storm of chaos.

I was quite excited for today actually, I would see my friend again and we were doing something special for the hero course, but as always no one informs me what it is.

The core classes for the day flew by quickly, for me at least maybe not the students. I laugh quietly to myself thinking back to Yamada's class.

Lunch rolled around and I got to eat with the students so I wouldn't have to eat with the staff, thinking about it wouldn't be that awkward but I guess they want me to have some friends my age.

I debated who to sit with, as nice as Midoriya is he's too.. excitable..

And there's no chance in hell I'm sitting with Bakugou and the weird posse he's collected.

I scanned the cafeteria, god it's like middle school over again. I spot a near empty table other then an unknown purple haired boy. I awkwardly make my way to the table and sit diagonally from him, putting my tray down on the table.

He looks up and we make eye contact for an awkward amount of time, he clears his throat.

"So.. what brings you to this table?"

"You seemed to be the most quiet person, everyone else is very enthusiastic."

The boy snorts quietly, "I'm Hitoshi Shinsou, nice to meet ya' gumdrop"

"Gumdrop?"

"You're small like one"

"Look I came here for looking for a good time and I'm feeling really attacked right now."

We chuckle at that.

"I'm L/N, nice to meet you as well, lavender."

"Pft, real creative."

"Ah shut up you named me gumdrop."

"Better then lavender."

"Yeah suuuure."

"Aren't you in class 1-A?"

I blink at how quick he changed the topic. "Kinda? I'm a teachers assistant."

"Teachers assistant? I don't think any other class has that."

"Yeah, no other class has it I guess I'm the exception, what class are you in?"

"1-C General Studies"

I hum in response.

"Lucky bastards being in the hero course."

"If it makes you feel any better the exam is rigged for people with physical quirks. I'm not sure what your quirk is but fighting against robots with anything but something that affects things physically means you're done for."

"Mm... yeah." He says dejectedly.

"Give me your number."

"Huh?" He looks up.

"Give me your number, eye bags."

"Wow didn't know you were so bold gumdrop."

"Wha- hey! I didn't mean it like that!" I defended.

He laughs quietly, "I know- I know I'm just messing. I'll type it in for you."

I give him my phone and he types in his number, I change the contact name to Eye Bags.