CHAPTER 9 - Why do Things Keep Ending up on Fire?

Living with Aizawa and Yamada wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I guessed it would be chaotic and be full of arguing considering how different the two are, but they get along surprisingly well. People were right when they said "opposites attract"

The two have been very good with checking to make sure I was okay in the house, and I wasn't really used to their considering attitudes. That doesn't mean it wasn't a welcome addition.

The days of prepping for the sports festival have been mostly boring for me filled with rest and buying multiple notebooks to give critique to both Class 1-B and Class 1-A students. Midoriya seems to have inspired me.

As I start prepping notebooks I received a call from my phone.

Incoming Call: T
Answer | Decline

"Oh thank goodness kid, you picked up."

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"I haven't had the chance to see the news I've been busy with... my job. I saw what happened at USJ."

"Oh, yeah, that. Thanks for checking up on me."

"Of course shortie you know I worry about you sometimes."

"Only sometimes?"

"Don't test your luck."

"I wouldn't dare!"

"Uhuh, well I have to go, my coworker is very adamant on talking to me at the moment."

"I didn't know people talked to you!"

"Real funny there. But if you can we should meet up soon, my coworker- she wants to meet you."

"Sure, well I'll talk to you later burnt toast"

"Bye shortie, that was a lame nickname"

A few more days pass by with only two days til' the sports festival. Not that it really mattered to me. It wasn't like I was participating I just have to take notes on people like a really dedicated stalker.

My phone lit up and I went to check it.

1 Text Message : T

T
are you good to meet yo with me now? my coworker will also be there

Me
Yeah that sounds good let me just make sure my dad doesn't have a heart attack if he sees me missing

T
You're dad? I thought you didn't call him that

Me
I don't

T
???

Me
The teachers at U.A found that my guardians are abroad so I'm staying with two of the teachers — also if you couldn't figure it out it is confidential

T
right, see you soon

I walked to the living room where Aizawa was lying mostly because Yamada didn't want him to be up and around while still mummified.

"Hey Aizawa?"

"Yes kid?"

"I'm going to go out with friends- is that uh okay?"

"Yeah just be back at a reasonable hour and stay out of trouble."

"Thank you!" I say and start to head for the door.

The designated location didn't take very long to get to. At least not by train. The area was a bit shady but that wasn't anything knew for where we normally meet.