CHAPTER 8 - My Social Skills Have not Prepared me for This

It was quite embarrassing having to call Yamada to pick me up from the hospital after I was discharged due to the fact that my parents weren't there to sign me out.

The drive to school was awkward and silent, a drastic change from the loud and boisterous attitude Yamada normally gives off.

It was weird to drive to school when I normally walk and it was weird to go to school now but I was lucky to get few injuries and no major ones.

I stare out the window, head in my hand watching the scenery blur by.

"Hey kid," Yamada says quietly.

"Yeah?" I turn my attention to the man who's driving me. He pauses like he's debating on what to say next.

"Where's your guardians?" He asks eventually.

I inhale slightly, "My parents? They're abroad somewhere."

"When's the last time you've talked to them?" I can almost hear the small frown in his voice.

I think for a second, "I'm not sure." I answer.

"You know, we'll have to talk about this later with the other faculty members." Yamada says in a concerned tone.

"Yeah." I sighed.

We sat in silence for the rest of the ride, once we arrived I shuffled out of the car I went to go to the doors.

"L/N?" Yamada says, walking towards me.

That was the first time I can remember him referring to me by my name.

"Yea?"

He puts his hand on my head and ruffled my hair. "I'm proud of you kid, you know that?"

My mouth quivers slightly and I smile. "Thank you Yamada" I say softly.

"Of course, if you need anything call me, alright? Now head to class."

I nod and go through the doors and navigate the hallways to class 1-A.

I walk into the room, no one noticing I was there yet.

"You guys! Did you watch the news last night?" Hagakure asks.

"Yeah." Ojiro replies.

"It was so cool that we got a few seconds of screen time! Though I bet no one noticed me hanging out in the background." Hagakure sulks.

"Probably not." Shoji says bluntly.

"It's difficult to stand out when you're just gloves." Ojiro points out.

"We're totally big deals. Those news channels love us were basically celebrities." Kaminari boasts.

"Yeah it's kinda crazy right?" Kirishima replies.

"Get over your selves, the hero course that pumps out pros got attacked and that's all they care about." Jirou says.

"Who knows what would've happened to us if the teachers hadn't shown up." Sero says.

"Why would you say that?" Mineta cries. "I'm gonna pee my self just thinking about it!"

"Shut up! Grow a pair loser!" Bakugou literally explodes.

"Did you guys see All Might fighting the bird guy? That dude was super strong and he still destroyed him!" Sato says.