Chapter 4

Tomorrow wasn't any less hectic than Shoto's tense meeting with his father. Aylee sprints past students lingering in the halls with the 5-year-old wrapped in her arms. Their eyes follow the strange sight as the running pair burst into a classroom completely unannounced. The students shrug and walk to their classes leisurely even though the bell had already rung.

Aylee races into class 1A with Shoto held in her arms, he wasn't running fast enough to keep up with her. She is already late enough and didn't have time to walk at a slow pace this morning.

The class of 1A's mouths open in shock at the ragged-looking woman. It wasn't that she looked bad, but they are just so used to seeing her look put together and professional whenever they run into her. Aylee obviously had different priorities this morning other than professionalism in her appearance.

Her long brown hair is tied up loosely in a half up half down style with messy bangs and fly away hairs creating a halo effect around her face. Normally, Aylee would wear a buttoned-up blouse and dark slats along with a pair of plain ballet flats. And without fail, not a hair was ever out of place. Right now, her outfit is the epitome of comfort and relaxation. Keeping in mind what she needs to accomplish today, she put on a well-used clothing set that she doesn't mind getting ruined. Aylee is wearing a paint-splattered long sleeve crop top and a pair of grey sweatpants that definitely have seen better days. They were faded so bad they almost looked off white instead of light grey. Aizawa's eyes narrow in jealousy of her being allowed to wear pajamas during the day. But he couldn't judge, he practically lived in his sleeping bag while teaching.

Though, not everyone is happy with her comfortable attire. Little Shoto notices some of the appreciative looks on his classmates' faces as they examine the woman's revealing clothing. Shoto glares at the prime suspects, Kaminari and Mineta. The inappropriate duo's mouths begin to drip drool onto the surfaces of their desks. The pervy pair flinch when they meet the icy stare that the 5-year-old shoots at them. If looks could freeze they would definitely be ice cubes right now. Mineta and Kaminari quickly avert their gazes to the ceiling before that could happen.

Finally, regaining some air into her lungs, Aylee quickly breathes out, "Aizawa, can you please watch him? I have an appointment that I can't reschedule and I need someone to watch him for an hour." Her hazel eyes plead at the exhausted man as she glances at the time on her wristwatch again.

"Get All Might to do it."

"He's doing hero work in another city."

"Midnight then."

"She called in sick today."

"What about Mic?"

The first years watched the two adults go back and forth, almost wanting to place bets on who would win. They're all practically on the edge of their seats waiting for the woman's response.

Aylee hesitates briefly before giving her answer, "Well I tried, but it didn't go very well."

~20 minutes earlier~

"Hey Yamada, thanks again for agreeing to watch Shoto for a bit."

"No problem Aylee! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN TOGETHER! AREN'T WE LITTLE LISTENER!"

Shoto instantly bursts into tears from the loud sound and moves to hide behind Aylee's legs for protection. His arms tightly wrap around her knees and she can feel his little body shake in fright.

"Oh sorry, little man!"

"It's ok Yamada, he's just a bit more shy and sensitive than usual this morning. I'll try to find someone else available." Aylee huffs out impatiently.