5) ATTITUDE !

• Chapter 5: Attitude ! •• Episode 3: Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes? •_________________________

Chapter 5: Attitude ! •
• Episode 3: Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes? •
_________________________

NOTHING SURPASSES the smell of fresh ramen in the morning. It demands the two orphans in a need of satisfaction, its bold flavors wanting to be devoured and marveled in all of its simplicity. Nanashi, hair tied back into its two usual ponytails, stirs the rippled noodles in a small pot as she awaits for the plump eggs to be soaked in the savory broth.

"HOPPED UP OFF THE BEDDD, TURN MY SWAG ONNN!" Her mischievous brother sang while he had his hands behind his neck. A silly grin took over his features once he approached the kitchen counter next to the mirror and put his forehead protector on his forehead, dancing. "Took a look in the mirror, said wassup!"

"Yeaaahh," Nanashi whips her head around with a wide grin. Pointing the wooden spoon she was using towards him singing, "We're finally ninjasss, ohhhh!"

"HOPPED UP OFF THE BEDDD, TURN OUR SWAG ONNN!"

The two siblings dance like firecrackers in the night, eyes gleaming with joy. The happiness that shoots through their heart is like lightning flashing through a rod as today is the day they are finally placed into Ninja Squads as Genin.

"TOOK A LOOK IN THE MIRROR, SAID WASSUP! YEAAHH, WE'RE FINALLY NINJASSSS, OHHHHH!"

"Today's the day, the moment we've been waiting for!" Naruto grabs the milk from the refrigerator before sitting at the dinner table to eat their delicious breakfast. "Do you think we'll be placed into the same team, Nana?"

"I sure as hell hope so!" Nanashi carefully places their ramen and chopsticks down, sitting across from Naruto. "The higher ups would be stupid not to place us on the same team. As long as I have you, Ino, or Shikamaru, I could care less about anyone else that joins."

With trust as frail as glass, the two classmates sneaked their way into Nanashi's small bubble of acquaintances.

"Ewww, Ino?" Naruto makes a nasty stank face. "I'm surprised that you're even cool with her- Shikamaru, I can understand. But Ino??!"

Because they are her allies. Or rather, they chose to be.

"Ino's not all that bad..." Nanashi mutters, slurping up a mouth full of noodles before continuing. "We have been cool since we were young. Sure she has her moments, but she's not as bad as the rest of the girls in the class."

Maybe Nanashi only saw what she wanted to see, or maybe imagined the kindness she only wished for herself and Naruto; it was what they needed. Ino wasn't like the other girls that belittled her or ridiculed her as if she was nothing but garbage. Instead, she treated Nanashi like a normal person. A girl that wasn't alienated because of the color of her skin or bullied because of the brother she was tied to.