𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 • 𝟎𝟎

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"ARE YOU WILLING... TO SHAKE A POOR SINNER'S HAND?" The lack of light bothered the child for so very long. Trapping her frail body in a mindless haze as the tips of her fingernails crawled in the muck of dirt. She feigned silence, quietly pleading to the watchful eyes of the darkness that it would bring her comfort to escape. The darkness was never her enemy. How could she have ever thought it was? Kissing up to her skin closer than a mother could ever do to her child, whispering exciting suggestions in her ear as it would be suicidal to say otherwise, the darkness was her preservation.

Maybe it was her favorite thing in the world.

Maybe she needed the lack of light.

"I cannot see you.." The girl brittly whispered. "And you cannot help me.. no one can. Not in The Land of Lightning."

The concealed man jumped out of bed as if the words she spoke were a bladed cut, "What do you mean nobody cannot help you? You were almost beaten to death a couple hours ago!" The child's back landed against the wall in a loud thud as the glistening man curled his head to the side and hissed at the young girl. "I'm giving you a chance at life-"

"My life is not important." The young girl shivered as she brought her knees close to her chest and inaudibly gulped. "Nobody was supposed to see what I've done. I knew what I was doing by performing fire ninjutsu to the orphanage and as such, this is my punishment for violating the 3rd law."

"The 3rd law, but yet you are only a child," The man exasperated. "My master always told me that being a child is the greatest gift of the Gods, feigning that existence for a couple of elderly witches is complete nonsense!"

The loud screeching from the outside windowpane brought the girl back to her senses. The blissful feeling of unawareness encouraged her to close her eyes and show a pained expression.

"The orphanage would rather hit a child that is blind than a child that is awake." She smiles.

The man with the mysterious presence scrunched his face and scowled into the corners of the cluttered room as he let the darkness steal his form and slumped his body against the walls right beside the young girl. This is ludicrous. His master would never approve of this deliberate cease of ninjutsu, it was a form of art!

"For how long.." the man's disembodied voice asked. "For how long they have been beating you for performing fire ninjutsu."

A nonchalant voice in the back of the girl's mind told her to run away from the man as she held her breath and then let out a breathy sigh. "For three years..."

"And for how long have you been living without your sight while they have been doing this?"

The girl bit her lip as she held back a quiet sob, "F-For al-all of my life." Instinctively, the girl clasped her hands on her pink hair and pulled down on it as she began to tremble. Raising her head to give him a shaky smile.