3) DAWN OF A NEW DAY !

• Chapter 3: Dawn of a New Day ! •• Episode 1, Part 3: Enter: Naruto Uzumaki & Nanashi! •__________________________

• Episode 1, Part 3: Enter: Naruto Uzumaki & Nanashi! •
__________________________

ALL THE OTHER KIDS GOT THEIR NINJA CERTIFICATION and had a family to run back to while the pranksters sat on a tree swing by themselves. It was as if they were truly given a day, a nice day of all days, to have the worst day ever.

Looking up, the two curse the shining sun. The baby blue sky, the clouds that were puffs of joy ready to disperse out into the world. It reminded the siblings that they weren't the happy genin that received their forehead protectors. They curse themselves, their pitiful souls, wishing that they could've done something different. Something smarter. Something more worthy of the praise those parents gave their children.

"Do you think we should give up?" Nanashi asks quietly as her back leaned against Naruto's. "We can always find a job. Maybe Mr. Tuechi could let us work at his Ramen Sho—"

"No." Naruto interrupts her as he gazes at the families in front of them and sighs. "I have to become Hokage. It's the only way we can truly be happy and accepted, Nana."

Naruto holds the swing rope in his hands. He wonders, what's so different about those kids compared to himself? Is it because of the whiskers on his cheek, the personality he has? Or maybe it's because of the sister he adopted, the marks on her skin and the tight coils of her hair?

Genuinely, Naruto doesn't understand how they had gotten the short end of the stick. They weren't the perfect kids, he knows. They weren't the smartest, the talented, nor the wealthiest kids out of  their classmates.

"Hey, mom and dad! I did it!"

Lifting his head up, Naruto watched a man throw his child up in the air as the lady beside him beams.

"We are so proud of you son!"

Maybe that's it. Maybe that's why they didn't pass the final exams or graduated in the first place.

"Nanashi..." Naruto starts as he looks down at his feet and winces. "Do you think Iruka-Sensei...  could've been our dad if he really wanted to?"

Narrowing her eyes as her lips turn down into a snarl, Nanashi look at him sideways.

"Are you so serious right now?"

The thought of Iruka ever being family to them makes her skin itch. After what happened in class not too long ago, the loc'd prankster had enough of the teacher and anyone else associated with him.

"He never did shit for us. Paying for our meals? Looking out for us when we were 5? That's the bare minimum as he only does that when nobody else is around! He's a fake!"