2) FOR WHAT WE KNOW !

• Chapter 2: For What We Know ! •• Episode 1, Part 2: Enter: Naruto Uzumaki & Nanashi! •__________________________

• Episode 1, Part 2: Enter: Naruto Uzumaki & Nanashi! •
__________________________

THE SCRUB OF PAINT AND THE BLISTERING BLOCK OF SANDPAPER stings the pranksters delicate hands as the two work up and down the Hokage Monument. Where once were doodles of fun and creativity were sloppy paint mushed with soap and smothered dirt.

"This sucks, loser." Naruto quietly huffs and puts his sponge down on the ground.

"The both of you are not going home until you clean off every single drop of paint!" Iruka authorized as he sat on top of the sculptures and watched the two students with his arms crossed. After the stunt they've pulled in the Academy, the young teacher grabbed them by the ear and sent them out to the monument to finish the mess they've started. The teacher stared at the two orphans below him and noticed that they stopped cleaning, raising an eyebrow.

"What? Who told y'all to stop?" He pointedly asks.

Biting her lip, Nanashi curls her hands to her chest as Naruto sucks his teeth.

"Well if you haven't noticed already while you were sitting in LaLa Land," He prompts his sister to sit down while he moves the cleaning supplies to the side. "Nanashi has sensitive skin!"

Rough hands meet bruised skin as Naruto holds her hands in his and deeply scowls. Little pelts of tulip shaped buds bloom on Nanashi's skin and she watched the boy furrow his eyebrows and grab some bandages from his jacket pocket, frowning.

"But so what?" Naruto continues, agitation building up as once again the little monstrosities came back. "It's not like there's anyone at home waiting for us so she can get treated. I'm going to do it all myself. Believe it!"

The feeling of disgust and shame washed over Nanashi as she curled her fist up even more and squirms away from her brother's hold.

"No sis, don't do that!" Naruto glares before his eyes soften once he looks up at his wounded sibling. The phenomenon of her skin always been a wonder to the blonde haired boy; for brown skin that travels to her head to her toes, little blushy spots that lingers on her cheek bones, scarred legs that left evidence of the once scars that grew from that area before, Naruto has always feared for the pelts of flower buds that start at her hands and travel to her chest.

The boy touches the skin with care, gently waiting for Nanashi to meet his gaze before taking further action. She doesn't let up, looking off to the side to avoid the judging eyes of her brother.

"Do ya' remember the bet we made earlier? The one about whoever wins gets to pay for dinner?" He asks.

Finally, Nanashi looks him in the eye and Naruto moves her hands away from her chest, wrapping the bandages all over her hands and arms with a small smile.