26. moon river

26. moon river
"Two drifters, off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see."

//

Taehyung covers his eyes with his hand. "fucking shit." he mumbles under his breath. "fuck this, fuck everything. fucking fuck." he steps foot onto the premises— away from the flashy cameras finally.

"woah... fuck." Taehyung shakes out his hair, bothered despite it about to be retouched in a few minutes. "fucking hell, let's do this." he makes his way to the film set finally. after turning corners, dodging people and gadgets, he arrives in front of the director that immediately catches his eye.

the director isn't pleased. Taehyung gulps as he stumbles onto set, presenting himself with a neat, dark blazer as always, paired with leather loafers, his signature hat and high-waisted trousers. the older man in charge looks him up and down— shaking his head at the man he chose for his film. he keeps his arms crossed over his chest, rolling his eyes at his lateness.

although the director says nothing, Taehyung's film co-star does. "you think you're some bad boy don't you?" the boy beckons— taking in his bad boy look, bad boy hair, bad boy smoking, bad boy language and bad boy lateness. 

Taehyung looks at him in the eye. they've only met once— is he sure he wants to start this? "is that a problem?" he urges, cocky in response as he moves further onto the film set that is ready. "just shows i fit right into my role then don't it?"

his male co-star scoffs, watching the female assistants and stylists wander around the star that has just arrived. "you got something seriously wrong with you Kim..." he grabs a drink off the closest table, swinging down the brown contents.

"don't we all boy?"

five minutes later, Taehyung is styled for his bad boy, film role. now dressed in a white suit, hair silky smooth as it's combed back. he feels like himself but more handsome, more shiny. his eyes are twinkling with excitement and agitation all at the same time.

"hey, can you pass me those tissues?" the third co-star— female, blonde and petite, asks the boys.

Taehyung notices her crying. "oh sugar, why are you crying?" he makes the step to approach her, hold her face in his hands and check if she's okay.

before he can act any further, his fellow, annoying, male co-star throws a box of tissues straight at the lady. the tissues immediately fall to the floor and Taehyung's behaviour comes before his thoughts as he storms up to the man.

"i got something wrong with me?" he raises his brows.

"don't you ever do that." film star and singer Taehyung shouts, voice raised more than usual. "you don't throw things at a lady. you understand?" he points his finger, now standing directly in front of the boy.

"you bring the box you creep and you offer it." he states. "you got that?"

Taehyung walks away, unexpected rant over before turning his back. he doesn't bother to check whether or not a tissue box had been politely given to his female co-star. he calls the director of the film aside— hand curling around his arm carefully.

"hey Jin—" he moves his head to the side to indicate a private moment where they can speak together. "do you have time for a quick word?"

"anything for you my friend." Jin replies, eyes now moving away from the scene before grabbing Taehyung's hand in his. the friendly hold shows how close they are— there is respect.

"you're too kind Jinnie, too kind."

the two men move to the side, away from most of the present people. however, as always— there are wandering eyes as well as ears. "alright well..." the pop, jazz singer clasps his hands together. "i was wondering if you could do me a favour."

//

Crema places Gaia into the shopping cart before moving down the aisles. Taehyung had to leave early this morning— slipping out of the covers without an explanation. he kissed her with a passionate goodbye, laughing at her hands tugging him closer. "i'll be back soon." and he left.

so the woman started her day with Gaia doing grocery shopping. when retreating back to their apartment complex, her eyebrows furrow in bewilderment and her tongue licks over her lips. there's an ambulance outside of the building— closed doors and worried faces.

Crema approaches a staff member. "what's happened here?"

"there's been a suicide ma'am, a man has died."

a few streets away, Namjoon— on his morning stroll, picks up the daily newspaper. as he rolls it open, the headline reads 'MAN JUMPS FROM APARTMENT AND COMMITS SUICIDE'. he stops walking.

Namjoon's hands tighten over the paper. 'Jung Hoseok— the name of the man has now been confirmed as dead.'