34. fly me to the moon

'Fill my heart with song And let me sing for ever more. You are all I long for. All I worship and adore.'

//

Namjoon stands in the middle of the police station, concentrated on all that is happening around him. he stands still, all knowing as multiple officers and workers move around him— too busy, too eager to do what needs to be done as they maintain their obliviousness to the man in the middle.

he cracks his knuckles, finally feeling a pat on his back and a male voice saying, "it's go time." his eyes then follow police officers leaving through the glass doors, unlocking cars and watching them drive away.

he simply stands, even more still. it's go time.

Namjoon walks out of the police station with his hands in his pockets, hair remaining in place as he smiles a small smile to himself. his shoes land over autumn leaves, eyes drifting over bare trees as his ears listen to the drain of police sirens. today is a day for justice.

//

Crema's heart races rapidly as she stands in front of the convenience store near her apartment complex. "no—" she mumbles, holding her hand back from covering her mouth in shock. Gaia squirms from inside her pushchair and kicks her legs. "no?" she says, this time as a question as she reads the headline of the newspaper: an arrest for Kim Taehyung on suspicion of murder is taking place today

//

a whole week passes and Namjoon is no longer standing still or calm— his entire bent posture is agitated as he tugs on the strands of his hair. "how has he disappeared?" he asks the head police man who seems exhausted from the search that's been happening all week, all times of the days. "how can you not find him anywhere?"

we're so certain it's him.

we just need to try harder and we will.

many streets away, in the same district of New York, Crema looks at the changed headline newspaper— she herself, hasn't heard anything from her partner, her one love and keeper of her heart. moving away from the paper stand, she holds Gaia tightly in her arms before entering her apartment.

Taehyung has disappeared. did he know he was being arrested? where exactly has he gone? did he know their last night together was their last? why didn't he say goodbye?

placing Gaia down, she places one hand into the beige trousers (borrowed from Taehyung) covering her legs and dialling the phone with the other. closing her eyes at Gaia's noises, they mix with the sound of the phone ringing.

she spends the rest of the day, as she has all week, bent over the phone. holding the twisted cord in her hand, she hears his voicemail countless times— crying at the end of the night as she whispers, "where are you?"