Did You Hit Your Head?

Authors note: I'm sorry if there are any plot holes/inconsistencies as its been a while since I've written anything for this fic.

"Mouse!" Erin shouted, grabbing her friends attention away from the window of the diner.

"Where's Jay?" Voight asked, wanting to get to his detective and control the damage as soon as possible.

"He's still inside, doesn't want to leave." Mouse explained and Voight left.

"Take Jay's car and go back to the district." Erin instructed. "We'll look after Jay, you need to be with Hollie and Mia."

----------

Hollie was on her feet as soon as she heard the gate at the bottom of the stairs open. The pounding in her heart hadn't stopped since she had gotten back to the district and it had only gotten worse when she had heard what happened. All she wanted right now was her family, together, but she couldn't help but worry that Jay and Will would hate her for being the reason their dad was dead.

No words were exchanged as Hollie ran into Mouse's arms, wrapping her arms tightly around him as if she was scared he would disappear.

He reacted quickly and reciprocated the tight embrace, desperately needing something to keep him grounded and away from the dark depths of his own mind.

He was pulled from the realization of how much Hollie meant to him by the feeling of her tears soaking through his t-shirt. "Shh, it's okay." He whispered, leaning his head down to place a kiss against her hairline. "I'm right here, it's all over."

"Where's Jay?" Hollie asked, hiding behind Mouse's taller form as she wiped any evidence of her tears from her cheeks.

"Still at the seen with Voight and Erin. Mia?"

"Asleep in the break room." Hollie said, interlacing Mouse's fingers with her own and leading him back to where the little girl was asleep. "Adam practically had to drag me out of here, I didn't want to leave her on her own."

"She looks so peaceful." Mouse whispered, gently tucking a strand of hair behind Mia's ear.

"Yeah, she's oblivious to what's happening." Hollie said, leaning back against Mouse when he leant against the table and pulled her back to his chest.

"Marry me."

"What?" Hollie asked, looking up so she could see his face.

"You heard me, marry me." Mouse repeated.

"Did you hit your head?" Hollie panicked, spinning around to look him square in the eye. "You already asked me that, before we got Mia. And I said yes."

"I know that." Mouse stated, moving one hand from her hip to the side of her face and Hollie instantly leaned into his touch. "The only thing we've ever said about the wedding is that it'll be small, close friends, your brothers and Mia. We never said when."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"We can go to the courthouse first thing in the morning, all we need is two witnesses and we've got plenty of people to ask. We can even keep it under wraps until everything with Pat blows over." Mouse explained the thought that had been in the back of his mind all day.

"Okay." Hollie said simply.

"Wait, really?"

"Yes really." Hollie said, pushing up on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his lips. 

"Yes really what?" Hollie's head whipped around to see Kim and Adam stood in the doorway. Hollie looked back at Mouse and they both smiled.

"Are you two free tomorrow?" 

-----

"You're hiding something."

It had been a few weeks since everything had happened, a few weeks since Hollie and Mouse had gotten married. But they still hadn't told anyone other than the three people they had there.

"You. Hollie. And Mia. I'm pretty sure Burgess and Ruzek know too." 

Apparently Jay had hit his breaking point with the looks going around the bullpen or the way Hollie would hush Mia when the girl was about to excitedly ramble.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Mouse said, blindly reaching for his phone as he kept his eyes on his computer screen.

"Nope." Jay snatched the phone up before Mouse reached it. "No texting my sister to give her a heads up that I'm on to you. Whatever it is, has made you both happier, which is an amazing thing given what you've been through."

"What we all went through." Mouse quietly corrected.

Jay sighed, not liking to admit weakness. "Okay. Sure. But maybe you could spread some of the happiness over my way before I go and torture it out of Ruzek."

"Hey!" Ruzek's protest was heard from his desk.

"Look man, just spill." Jay was almost pleading at this point and it was getting hard for Mouse to hide his grin.

"Hollie wants to be the one to tell you."

"I'm pretty good at acting surprised."

Mouse sighed. Suddenly very grateful that it was just the two of them, Voight and Ruzek in the bullpen at that moment.

He reached into the top drawer of his desk and pulled out his wallet, opened it to where everyone knew he kept a photo of his girls (he was teased mercilessly for this for weeks) and from behind it he pulled out a simple silver band.

Jay's eyes lit up instantly. "You did not." He muttered, watching as his closest friend slid the ring onto his left ring finger. "You son of a bitch." His voice was filled with amusement as he hauled his friend to his feet and into a hug. "When did this happen? And why the hell did Ruzek know before me?"

"It was the day after everything went down. I realised I wanted Hollie in my life forever and thankfully she felt the same way." Mouse explained, no longer hiding his grin as it split across his face. "And Ruzek knows because him and Burgess were our witnesses."

Jay opened his mouth to protest about not being a witness, then clicked why he probably wasn't asked. "Well, when you two are ready to start telling people, I'm buying the first round."

"Thanks man." Mouse's words held a lot more meaning than their face value but Jay caught it. "It's just Will and Erin now that she wants to tell separately then we'll do something at Molly's probably to tell everyone else."

"So who else knows?"

"Mia, Ruzek and Burgess. Then I told Voight and she told Severide just to get our paperwork right."

Ruzek took the pause in conversation that followed as a good time to send Mouse the video he had recorded of the whole interaction. "I would've sent it directly to Hollie but I don't want her getting distracted halfway up some burning building." He offered as an explanation when he heard confused noises coming from both Jay and Mouse.

That made Jay cackle. "I appreciate you looking out for my sister man."

A/N: Does this feel incredibly rushed? Yes

Did I write the first half of this over a year ago? Yes

Have I basically abandoned this account? Yes

I apologise for all of the above

I'm in university now! Which is crazy, never thought I'd make it this far.

I want to write more, I really do, but I'm lacking time and motivation, I keep starting stories and never finishing them and I feel bad about posting half a story just to never finish it (once again, sorry for making you wait for this chapter)

I don't know what I'm doing with this particular fic, I might reread it, see if theres any plotholes, fix them and then figure out how to end it?