Going to War pt. 3

"Come here you." Kidd Said, picking Amelia up. "Let's go see who we can find." She said walking towards the door.

"Will Josh be alright?" Amelia Asked, looking over Kidd's shoulder to where Kelly was talking to Josh.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Kidd Said as they began to make their way down the corridor.

"He didn't think anyone would find us, but I knew you guys would." Amelia Said, laying her head on Kidd's shoulder.

"We'll always be here for you kid." Kidd said as they began to descend the stairs, Severide following them down to 20 whilst Casey finished checking 25.

"Hey, Paxson! Paxson! I need to get in 20B! Can you take me there?" Severide called as he walked out onto the fire floor.

"We're low on air!" Paxon replied, holding the raging flames back as well as he could.

"I got a young boy trapped inside solo!" Severide explained.

"We'll get you in, but my guys need relief!" Paxon said.

"Hey Chief, I'm getting the victim on the fire floor, but 37 needs relief on this side line." Severide said into his radio.

"I've just finished on 25." Casey's voice came through the radio.

"I'm on 18." Kidd said.

"Meet Kelly on 20." Chief ordered.

"Copy." Kidd said, putting Amelia down and looking up and down the stairwell. "Mouch!" She called, seeing the firefighter sat on the stairs a few floors below. "Take her down to Cheif." She said. "I'm gonna go help get Josh, you need to go downstairs with Mouch okay."

"Okay." Amelia said.

----------

"Hey, Josh, where are you?" Kelly called as he finally made it into the apartment. "Josh!" He called out again when he didn't get a reply.

"Over here!" A voice called between coughs.

"Hey, bud!" Kelly said as he reached the young boy. "Come on. Let me get you out of here." He said, picking the boy up and heading back towards the door. "Hey. It's getting a little crazy out there, but we'll get through it, okay?" He reassured Josh as the young boy cowered away at the sight of the flames.

"Okay." Josh said with a small nod.

"Hey 37, we're coming out. You ready?" Kelly said holding his radio.

"Negative! We're pulling back! Stay where you are!" Paxon replied within seconds.

"What does that mean?" Josh asked nervously.

"Don't worry. Help's coming. All right." Kelly said, putting the boy down on the opposite end of the apartment to the door. "Hang on a sec." Kelly said pulling a bookshelf in front of the door. "Hey 37, what's your ETA? It's getting a little stuffy in here." He said through the radio.

"The fire is pushing us back!" Paxon stated.

"Come on!" Kelly cursed.

"Cavalry's arrived." Casey's voice came over the radio.

"Sit tight, Kelly!" Kidd said moments later.

"Hey, Casey, Kidd, I hate to complain, but I got a young boy here." Kelly said, watching the bookshelf go up in flames.

"This thing is a beast! We're coming as fast as we can!" Casey replied.

"This isn't working. I'm gonna bail out." Kelly stated.

"Kelly, don't do anything stupid!" Kidd said, trying even harder to combat the flames.

"Second line is on its way! What are you gonna do?" Casey asked.