Christmas

"Halstead! You've got a visitor!" Cruz called to Hollie. She was sat in the common room in between Amelia and Kidd.
"Who is it?" Hollie asked, standing up and glancing at Kidd.
"I dunno, some old guy." Cruz said with a shrug. "You want me to tell him to do one?"
"Nah." Hollie Said following him back out into the main section of the firehouse. "Dad." Hollie stated as her eyes landed in the all to familiar man. "What do you want?"
"I want to see my daughter." He stated like it was the most obvious thing ever.
"Hi, I'm right here." Hollie Said, slightly sarcastically as she watched Severide get up and head to warn Kidd she hoped.
"Don't fuck me around." He Said. "You are just like your mother, full of some poison that turns people against their real family. You had my own son do this to me!" He Said, his voice getting louder by the word.
"Oh no, that was nothing to do with me. That was purely the fact that your own kids can't stand you." Hollie Said. "Why would you even go back to Shelly then, if we're full of so much poison? And why do you want to see Shelley's other kid so badly?"
"You've turned my own kids against me, I want nothing to do with you. I just want to see my daughter." He stated, completely dodging the question.
"I am your own child, or did you just forget about that?" Hollie Said.
"You need to leave. Now." Severide Said, reappearing.
"Not until I've seen my daughter." He stated.
"Someone go get Chief." Hollie Said. Otis, Who was part of the small crowd that had gathered to watch the shouting match headed to get Chief.
"Where is she?" He shouted.
"Do you even know your own daughters name?" Hollie asked, almost calmly.
"Amelia Halstead ." He stated.
"Incorrect." Hollie stated, with a smirk.
"Pat." Boden said. "Let's get you out of here." He said leading the man away.
"This is not the end." Pat Called over his shoulder.
"Wheres Amelia?" Hollie asked as soon as the door was shut behind Boden and her father.
"My room with Kidd." Severide answered.
"Thanks." Hollie Said, glad to know her little sister was as far away as possible.

"Hey." Mouse Said, showing up to pick Amelia up.
"Hey." Hollie Said, hugging her fiancé.
"What's up with Jay today?" Mouse asked.
"He didn't tell you?" Mouse shook his head. "He had Will run a DNA test on Amelia. Turns out she's a Halstead too." Hollie began to explain. "He then decided to go and beat up dad. Then Pat showed up here trying to see Amelia Halstead." She said rolling her eyes. "You guys got any plans for tonight?" She asked, changing the subject as Amelia came into the room with Severide and Cruz.
"Not at the minute." Mouse Said, picking Amelia up. "Let's get going."

A few weeks later and it was Christmas and the whole Halstead/Manning/Gerwitz family had agreed to spend the day together at Nat and Wills as they had the biggest place.
"Merry Christmas." Mouse Said, creeping up behind Hollie who was unplugging her phone so she was ready to leave and wrapping his arms around her waist.
"Merry Christmas to you too." She Said, swiftly spinning round and placing a kiss on his lips.
"Eww." Amelia Said, with a smirk.
"I'll take all your presents back." Hollie warned with a smile, despite being eight, Shelly had completely ruined Christmas. Amelia, much like Hollie at her age, had never believed in Santa or had someone buy her a Christmas present. She'd never had Christmas dinner or decorated a Christmas tree.
"No, no, no." Amelia Said, still smiling.
"Come on, we need to go or we'll be late." Hollie Said, seeing the time on her phone as she finally unplugged it.

"Hey guys." Will said answering the door. "Nat and Erin are in the kitchen, which all men have been banned from, But Erin had something she wanted to tell you guys so Jays gone to get her."
"Hey." Erin Said, appearing next to Will, Jay next to her with his arm around her shoulders.
"What's this news then?" Hollie asked.
"I asked Erin to marry me this morning." Jay Said, the three sets of eyes turned to Erin hopefully.
"And I said yes." She Said.
"Yay!" Hollie Said, hugging Erin then her brother whilst Mouse congratulated Jay then Erin. Once the couple had stepped back Amelia ran forward and hugged them both at the same time.
"This is the best Christmas ever!" She declared happily.

The next day and Hollie was back at work, Mouse having Amelia as Intelligence had been given Boxing Day off.
"Halstead, this came for you yesterday." One of the civilian employees said, handing Hollie a small envelope as she entered the firehouse.
"Thanks." She Said taking it and opening it, it was just a generic store brought Christmas card, until I read the inside.

" She Said taking it and opening it, it was just a generic store brought Christmas card, until I read the inside

Hollie dropped the card like it was on fire. Because of the amazing day she had yesterday she had forgotten about the drama with their dad.
"Hey, you okay?" Severide asked, having seen the whole scene, Hollie bent down and picked the letter up.
"Do you have a lighter?" She Asked, completely swerving the question.
"Yeah, it's in my locker, I'll go get it for you." Severide Said before walking away. Hollie closed the card and walked outside. "There you go." He said handing it to her. "Who's the card from?" He  Asked, Hollie quickly took the lighter and set one corner of the card on fire. She stood and watched it burn and once it got close to her fingers she dropped it on the floor.
"What card?" She Asked, shrugging it off before walking away.