Shes a Halstead

" I heard you were in here, what happened this time?" Will Said, walking into treatment room where his brother was being treated.
"Hostage situation at a school, caught a bullet to the vest." Jay shrugged, the room fell into a silence for a few minutes. "Can the hospital do DNA tests?" Jay asked.
"Sure, if the two people your trying to link are in file I can get it done by tomorrow." Will Said, assuming it was for work.
"I don't know if she's on file." Jay Said.
"What's her name, I'll check for you." Will Said.
"Amelia Grace Kingsley, She's 8 years old." Jay said.
"Have you got permission from her parents or guardians?" Will asked, searching the name in his IPad.
"I'm trying to find out who her parents are." Jay Said.
"Who am I running it against." Will Said finding the girls file.
"Hollie." Jay Said.
"As in our sister?" Will asked, looking up from the iPad. "You think she's got a kid?" He asked confused.
"No, Amelia is her sister apparently." Jay said.
"You don't trust their mum?" Will asked.
"Something just seems off." Jay shrugged. "I best head off, call me when the results come back." Jay Said, as he saw Mouse enter the ED.
"I will." He Said.
"How are they?" Jay asked Mouse.
"They're both fine." Mouse assured his best friend. "How are you?"
"Just bruised." Jay shrugged.

"Halstead."
"Hey it's Will." Will Said, looking at the piece of paper in his hand.
"You got the results?" Jay asked, Will could here him move into a quieter room.
"I'm looking at them right now." Will Said.
"So is Amelia Hollies sister or is a sick trick the mums playing?" Jay asked, looking up and catching Mouses gaze before looking away again.
"Amelia is Hollies sister, but not just Hollies sister." Will said.
"Wait, she's a Halstead?" Jay asked.
"Yep." Will Said, rereading the piece of paper in his hand.
"I swear to god when I get my hands on dad..." Jay said, getting angry.
"So will I." Will agreed, normally being the one to tell him not to. "We've gone from two Halstead to four in less than a year." Will Said, breaking the silence that had clouded over.
"Yep, thanks for this, I've got to go." Jay Said, making a decision in his head.
"Kay, stay safe." Will said hanging up.
"Everything okay?" Erin asked as he walked back out.
"Yeah, it was just Will." Jay Said shrugging it off. "I've got an errand to run, call me if we get a case." He said grabbing his keys and jacket.
"I'll come with you." Erin said standing up.
"No, I need to do this alone." He Said before leaving to visit the father of four.

Squad 3, Ambulance 61, man trapped...
Hollie glanced over at Amelia who had wandered off with Kidd.
"Go." Kidd mouthed at Hollie.
"Wheres Hollie going?" Amelia Asked as Hollie stood up and left the room with Cruz and Capp.
"She's gonna go save someone then she will come back, okay?" Kidd said kindly.
"Okay." Amelia Said, glancing around at all the new faces. A few minutes later the door opened to a more familiar face.
"Jay!" Amelia Said as she saw her sisters brother.
"Hey Mia." Jay Said, using the nickname Erin had called the little girl the previous night. "You having fun?" Amelia nodded. "Is Hollie on a call?" Jay asked Kidd who had now approached the two.
"Yeah, she's not been gone long so she might be a while, you want me to pass on a message?" Kidd offered.
"Just tell her to ring me when she's got a minute." Jay Said as Kidd noticed his red knuckles.
"You want some ice for those." She joked.
"No I best get back to work." Jay Said, quickly deflecting the question. "You be a good girl for Kidd until Hollie gets back." Jay said to Amelia, ruffling her hair on his way out.

"Hey." Jay said picking up his phone after actually reading the caller ID for once.
"Hey, Kidd Said you came looking for me?" Hollie asked.
"Yeah, I need to tell you something." Jay said shutting himself in the break room. "You've got to promise me you won't be mad at Will."
"Jay, your worrying me now." Hollies Said growing concerned.
"I had Will do a DNA test on Mia." Jay Said.
"And..." Hollie Said, looking through the glass at Amelia.
"She's not your half sister, she's my half sister." Jay Said.
"What do you mean?" Hollie Said, understanding what he meant but actually needing to hear it.
"Amelia's a Halstead." Jay Said.
"That's why your knuckles were red." Hollie Said, realisation sweeping over her.
"Kidd told you about that..." Jay said.
"What did you do Jay." Hollie muttered.
"Let's just say he's not talking to me for a few years." Jay Said, not wanting to worry her.
"How bad?" Hollie asked.
"Nothings broken, his nose was bleeding and he'll probably have a black eye." Jay said casually.
"You idiot." Hollie muttered.
"Halstead." Hollie heard a voice.
"No more beating dad up." Hollie warmed as she hung up.
"What happened?" Severide asked, seeing the anger on Hollies face.
"Jay went and beat our dad up." Hollie Said, heading for coffee.
"Why?" Kidd asked, Hollie was thankful Amelia was exploring with Brett and Foster.
"Amelia's a Halstead." Hollie repeated what Jay had said to her.
"You're kidding." Kidd said raising her eyebrows.
"I wish." Hollie Said. "I'm just worried Jays made it worse."