Moving in

"Hollie darling, how are you?" Shelly Asked, her voice slurred as usual.
"I'm not here for a catch-up, I just want to know what the hell is going on." Hollie demanded.
"Well you see, I wanted you to meet your little sister. Amelia Come here." She called to the little girl.
"How old is she?" Hollie asked.
"8" Shelly answered.
"She's coming with me." Hollie stated.
"No." Shelly Said with a laugh. "Anyway How did you know I was looking for you? That Erin girl knows you doesn't she."
"Yes she does, now I'm walking out of here with Amelia or I will call the police." Hollie stated.
"What for?" Shelly Asked.
"You're high as a kite and I bet you haven't changed where you keep your stash?" Hollie Said.
"Still as sassy as you used to be I see." Shelly joked. "Go ahead, take her, it's one less thing for me to worry about."
"Go pack your stuff up." Hollie said kindly.
"Okay." Amelia said hurrying away.
"Who's her dad?" Hollie asked once Amelia was out of the room.
"Not the same as yours if that's what you're thinking. How's it going with your brothers?" Shelly Said.
"Ready." Amelia Said, reappearing at the door.
"Let's go then." Hollie declared, turning and leaving the house with her little sister behind her.

"You go to Elsworth right?" Hollie Asked, trying to make small talk about the school
"Yeah." Amelia answered.
"Is Mr Smith still the headteacher?" Hollie asked.
"Yeah, I think he's retiring soon." Amelia Said, looking out of the car window as they drove to a part of town she had never been to before.
"I thought he would've retired years ago, he's what seventy?" She joked.
"Apparently he's almost 80." Amelia Said.
"Someone asked him once when I was there, he got a call home and missed break for a month." Hollie said laughing.
"That sounds like him." Amelia said laughing. "Am I gonna have to move school?" She asked.
"Probably. I'll go sort stuff out with mum in a few days." Hollie Said. "Is that alright?"
"Yeah, I was just about to go into Mr Shaws class and he scares me." Amelia Said.
"I remember him, he's not that bad if you behave." Hollie Said. "This might take some figuring out but there's no way I'm leaving you there." Hollie Said. "This is my apartment, We'll order some lunch in a bit but for now I think we need to get to know each other better." Hollie said pulling into the parking lot.
"Cool." Amelia Said.

"Are you a firefighter?" Amelia Asked, looking at the photos that were scattered around the apartment.
"Yep." Hollie Said, handing the girl a glass of lemonade.
"Wow." Amelia Said.
"That's the problem you see, I work 24 hour shifts and I don't want you spending the night there. Especially if you have school." Hollie explained to the mature 8 year old. "I'll talk to Mouse about it." She Said, remembering her fiancée and pulling her engagement ring from her pocket to put it back on.
"Are you married?" Amelia asked.
"No, we're just engaged." Hollie Said.
"To a man called Mouse?" Amelia asked.
"His real names Greg but everyone calls him Mouse." Hollie explained.
"Does he live here?" Amelia asked, looking around.
"We split our time between his place and here but now we'll stay here and he can choose." Hollie Said.
"Mum said you had brothers?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah, two, Jay and Will. As far as I know they're not related to you though." Hollie answered. "Put whatever you want on." Hollie Said passing Amelia the remote and picking up her laptop, "I'm gonna begin the school search, see if you can start anywhere tomorrow."
"Okay." Amelia Said, flicking through the tv channels.

"So there's a space available for her to start tomorrow?" Hollie asked. "That's amazing, thank you so much." She said hanging up the phone a few seconds later.
"So I start tomorrow?" Amelia asked.
"Yep." Hollie Said, walking back into the living room from the kitchen and sitting next to her sister. "So I was thinking, I could invite Mouse, Jay and his girlfriend Erin over tonight?"
"Sure." Amelia Said.
"As for tomorrow, I can drop you off at school and pick you up then get mouse to pick you up from the firehouse and you can spend the night here? Or I can ask Erin?" Hollie asked.
"Sounds good." Amelia Said.

"Hey, it's just me." Mouse called as he walked into the apartment after work. "Jay and Erin just went to get changed, they'll be here in a bit." He added as he walked into the living room. "Um.." he asked, confused at the sight of a young girl sat on the sofa.
"Mouse this is Amelia, my little sister." Hollie Said, nervously.
"Hi." Amelia said, waiting for his reaction.
"Hi." Mouse Said, looking from the girl to Hollie and back again.
"I'm just gonna go sit in my room for a bit." Amelia Said, sensing the tension.
"I'll come get you in a bit." Hollie Said. "Look, I know you probably don't want to take on an eight year old after being engaged for two days. And I'll understand if you walk away now." Hollies rambling was cut off by mouse planting a kiss on her lips. "What was that for?" She asked.
"Because I'm not going to walk out because you want to keep your little sister out of harm." Mouse Said.
"So you're staying?" Hollie Said with a smile.
"Of course." He Said, placing his forehead against hers. "I love you."
"I love you too." Hollie Said, closing the gap between their lips. They were interrupted by a knock at the door. "Should I go get Amelia or tell them first?" She asked.
"Tell them first. I'll go meet Amelia properly." He said turning and leaving her to answer the door.
"Hey." Jay said as Hollie opened the door.
"Hey." Hollie Said, hugging him briefly.
"What's this about then?" Erin asked.
"I know why Shelly was looking for me." Hollie Said. "I've got a little sister."
"She a Halstead?" Jay asked.
"Shelly says she's not but I don't know if I trust her." Hollie shrugged. "She's moving in with me and Mouse."
"She's here then?" Erin Said.
"Yeah, I wasn't gonna leave her." Hollie Said.
"Where is she?" Jay asked.
"In the spare room with Mouse, grab a drink and I'll go get them." Hollie Said.