hospital wing : chapter 25

Your POV:
      You gingerly opened your eyes to see the sun filtering down in the stark white blankets pulled tightly around your waist. You grunted and sat up a bit feeling the coarse sheets under your palms. You heard feet tapping as Madame Pomfrey scooted in tending to a bruise on your forehead.
      "Uhm what..happened?" You said quietly.
      "Well ya took a big fall and bruised your forehead. You also broke your leg." She said smiling as if your leg breaking was a good thing.
      "Ah." You said staring at your foot propped up on a pillow. "Any visitors?" You said.
      "Mr.Malfoy had shown up in between classes and so has Mr.Wood." She pulled a card from her pocket and handed it to you. "You really do have quite some friends." She said scurrying off. You watched and opened the card gently. You looked at the moving picture of you and Oliver on the front of the card and smiled. Underneath it in his horrid writing read : You really have to be more careful. We should look into getting you bubble wrapped. You giggled at his comment and set it on your bedside table. You sank down in the hospital bed and watched the sun filter into different patterns on the comforter. After watching that for a while you heard the doors swing open. Draco turned the corner into the small cubicle you laid in. His shoulders slumped in relief once he saw you awake. He dropped his bag and ran to your bed. You smiled as he grabbed the side of your head and pushed his kiss onto your lips. You intertwined your fingers into his hair as he pulled you closer kissing you softly.
      "I was so worried." He whispered into your lips. You pulled away softly and stared at him.
      "Why? I'm indestructible." You smiled.
      "You're a bloody idiot that's what." He said sitting next to you.
      "But it's not like I did anything." You said. He raised an eyebrow.
      "Pansy's in with Dumbledore. She tripped you." He said. You could see the anger flickering behind his eyes.
      "I was just trying to help her.." You said replaying your conversation with her. You inches away from Draco feeling guilty. He looked you up and down which sent chills through you.
      "Why'd you do that." He said disgustingly. You shrugged looking down. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you quickly next to him. You squeaked and let your arms fall around his neck. "I don't know what she said to you but you're mine. I love you and no one else. I swear she's a little rat. That's why Crabbe and Goyle don't like her. They want to hang out with you because you treat them as an actual friend." He said cupping your face with his hands. You nodded silently.
      "Thank you. I love you too." You shyly looked up at him and he melted.
      "You're beautiful." He said breathlessly and kissed you again. You smiled against his lips. You heard two pairs of feet and broke away from Draco. You looked over to see Hermione and Oliver. Oliver smiled.
      "Did you get my card?!" Oliver said smiling.
      "Yep! Very sweet Oliver." You said smiling back at him. Draco took your hand and rubbed it trying to be as supportive as he could muster.
      "I've already taken care of your schoolwork for today." Hermione said.
       "Oh Mione thank you!" You said shoving Draco to give her a hug. Draco scoffed and went to pout in a corner. "You're amazing." You said into her hair. She giggled at that.
      "It's no problem." She held you at an arms length. "Sorry Ron's being a prick....I'll tell you more later." She said giving a brief frown. You nodded and Oliver sighed dramatically.
      "Everybody else gets a hug but me? What am I? Chopped liver?" He said crossing the room to embrace you.
      "How could I forget you Olli." You said.
      "I dunno know, it'd probably be pretty hard." He said cockily. You punched him hard on that comment.
      "Ouch. That bruised my ego more than my arm y/n!" He said. You all laughed at that. You suddenly remembered the note in your pocket and gave it to Hermione.
      "Ron was messing with this before I went to the bathroom. I thought you could help him sort this out because he won't come visit me unless he wants to release his anger with me." You said staring away. She nodded and unfolded the paper. She read it wide eyed.
      "What an arse." She mumbled and showed you the note. In a hard to read chicken scratch read : "Hermione will you go to the ball with me? Tick yes or no."
      "Oh Hermione I wouldn't have given it to you if I had known." You said taking her hand. She nodded and looked away. You could tell she was hurt. Olli bust out.
      "Oh for the sake of everything show me the note!" He said plucking the note from the bed. He read it and rolled his eyes. Hermione watched him. "What an arse." He said to Hermione. They locked eyes and Oliver stared at her and grinned. Hermione shared the same grin and they laughed for a minute together. You could see what a good couple they could make. Hermione being serious and smart mixed with Oliver's athleticism and enlightening personality made them compatible. If only Hermione could see that. Oliver cleared his throat. "So my friend from Durmstrang said they would make it to Hogwarts this year. If you haven't already met them you should think about going to the ball with my friend Vicktor. He really is a gentleman and could really make certain people jealous." He said eyeing the note.
      "Thank you Oliver." She said smiling at him then walking out of the cubicle. "Goodbye y/n. Take care." She said leaving the infirmary. You smiled to yourself.
      "Well I've got quidditch. Have fun with the stick." He said tauntingly.
      "Hm?" You said questioning him. He pointed to Draco.
      "The stick in the mud." He said winking as he ran from the infirmary laughing hysterically.