𝙴𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎

I stared at the paper, trying to sort my thoughts. I was right... He betrayed me.
Tears started to well up in my eyes, eventually staining my shirt and smudging the beautifully written words, the words which broke my heart a few seconds ago.
Seconds minutes and hours passed, me sitting in that same spot trying to hold onto the times where he was by my side. I tried to remember how i felt when he was still there. Next to me, protecting me from all my worries.
I was afraid. Afraid that i wont heal. Afraid to let someone new into my heart. Afraid to trust again.
I wasnt able to clean up the mess i made so i just let it be. All i wanted was to get away from my apartment. It reminded me of him and it hurt.
Still in my pyjamas i went ovet to our wardrobe, grabbed a jacket and left the house. I wasnt thinking about bringing keys or that i might get cold because we were in september which meant, the temperatures turned cold nowadays.
The door shut itself and left me standing outside, shivering in the rather cold autumn air.
I rolled my eyes in annoyance and started walking.
I had no specific destination, i guess i just wanted to escape the cramped rooms of my apartment, which were filled with all those hurtful memories.

The autumn leaves ruffeled under my pink bunny slippers. I looked down and sighed.
I didnt even think about putting them off.. at least i have a more or less warm jacket i thought wrapping it tightly around my torso.
I walked for awhile, here and there zoning out, thinking about what my life has become. Two minutes ago i found a decent little park bench where i decided to sit down. I brought my knees all the way up to my chin and hugged them with my arms.

Suddenly two little birds catched my attention, as they got comfortable in one of those leaf piles. One of them laid there arms around the other, protecting him from the wind. They snuggeled up and closed their eyes. I felt a familiar knot forming in my throat.
Thats what Taeyong did to my a few days ago. I thought and hugged my knees abit tighter to make me feel less alone.
Thats when i heard something rustle.
I looked around, afraid of an invisible person behind me. But afyer checking the bushed i sighed.
Noone is there dont make urself crazy Taeha. I spoke to myself, trying to calm me down while i checked my pockets to see if i caused the noise. And right there when i put my hand in the left pocket of my black jeans jacket, i felt a piece of paper. I pulled it out and looked at it.
His letter. Why did i bring this with me?
My tears had done a great job because the words were barely readable by now. Something in me wanted to keep it as a memory, but i knew that if i would let myself being attached to him, i would completely break down, so i decided to destroy it.
I got up and walked over to the little pond which was located in the middle of the park. I held the paper in my hand and smoothed out ever crinkle that deformed my last attachement to our lost relationship.
One last time i slowly inhaled and exhaled, while looking at his handwriting, imprinting the little swings of his t's and the neat round a's.
I closed my hands and opened my hand, releasing the paper. As i opened my eyes seconds later, the paper was already drowning in the murky water. I watched the paper dissolve and with it i let go of my last memory.
I turned around and walked back to the bench. On the way back there and icy wind brushed through the fabric of my jacket and made me shiver.
Maybe i should go get some coffee to warm myself and heal my inside... Which was exactly what i did.

Jeno PoV:

I rubbed my hands against each other, trying to get them warm again. The cold autumn air made them extra cold, to the point where i couldn't feel them anymore. I leaned against the glass door of the café i worked at and shouted a quick „good morning” earning a small from my co-worker and a friendly „how are you” from my boss.
I quickly went to go change and put on my pinny, as my phone screen brightened. A text from my mom, i swiped it away.
I swiped for a second as my background caught my attention. Two little birds snuggling together under a pile of leaves. I shot the photo a few days ago at that lonely bench in the park nearby and i found it so cute that i set it as my wallpaper. I sighed and put my phone in the jacket of my parker, to start my shift.