𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛

The morning was one of those mornings, which started of cold and foggy, but soon turned into a beautiful day, resembeling a late day in summer.
While the sun made it's way up the sky, the temperature went up hour by hour and it soon wasn't as cold anymore. Although my bunny slippers still ruffeled through muddy autumn leaves and the fabric got dirty, my mood was slowly getting better. I succeded in distracting my mind from what had happened in my own four walls this morning. All i had in my mind right now was coffee and a proper breakfast, since i had nothing better to do than throw my bowl on the floor.

While being lost in the vastness of my mind, my feet slowly brought me to the nearest café, which happened to be the one, in which i met Taeyong for the first time. But since i was distracted by other things, I didn't really care about where i had my breakfast, so i pushed the glass door open and was greeted by the warm inside of the small café.
The large windows were decorated with leaves and beautiful flower decor. Adding on to that there were delicate fairy lights hanging from each of them, giving the café a soft glow from the inside. But since it was almost noon the glow wasn't as visible.
The warmth, that welcomed me came from a small oven in the right corner of the room. Every table was decorated with the same flower decor, that embellished the windows.  The table number was written on wodden spoons, which were placed in a marbeled glass.

Behind the wooden counter, a head full of maroon brown hair kneeled down, sorting different kinds of glasses. The bell at the door spreaded it's soothing noise signaling him, that a customer just came in, so he suddenly lifted his head.
As my eyes met his honeybrown ones, my heart melted and the smile that formed on his lips, didn't make it any better.

Jeno PoV:

I pushed the colourful pearl curtain, which seperated the personal room from the customer room, aside and went to the coffee machine. I pressed clean and turned around to grab the freshly cleaned glasses.
After i finished drying and cleaning them, i sat down to sort them into their places. I didn't expect a customer to come in right away, since we only opened fifteen minutes ago, so i was a bit surprised as the little bell rang, signaling that the door had opened.
I lifted my head and put on an honest smile.
The customer who came in was a girl. A pretty girl.
She wore checkered pyjama pants with the matching top. The sleeves of her jeans jacket were knotted around her small waist, and her black babyhair liberated itself out of the high ponytail she wore.
As my gaze went down to her feet, i spotted cute bunny slippers, covered in half dry mud.
All in all she looked like she just fell out of bed, but in her eyes i saw a mysterious glimmer.
It almost looked like she had something to hide.
I didn't notice that she walked over until she spoke „excuse me? Can i have a coffee please?” while her voice had a plaintive undertone.
I was taken aback by the sadness, that filled her voice because i expected her to be a cheerful girl, maybe a bit chaotic since she came in here in her pj's but i would've never expected her to sound that...hurt.

„u-uh yes ofcourse” i managed to answer her question.
It annoyed me that my voice sounded so shaky.
I turned around to face the coffee machine and took one of the small ceramic cups out of the box.
„you can go choose somewhere to sit! I'll bring your coffee then” i offered the girl, but as i turned around to face her she already sat in the corner of the café, immersed into a book.

I sighed and shifted my concentration back to her coffee.

Placing everything on a wooden tray, i made my way over to the dining room,  heading for the small table where she made  herself comfortable at.
As i placed the small tray on the table, she flinched and let go of her book, which fell on the ground with the open pages downward.
As i tried catching it, my fingers just enclosed the sunlight that flooded the air.
An embarrassed giggle left my mouth, as i quickly bended down, picking it up, the gentleman i was :)
But surprisingly she bend down at the same time, making out heads meet halfway down.
„Ouch” she squeaked and held her head.
„are you okay?” i asked, immediately checking up on her „i'm sorry” i addded, my hands still enclosing her book.
No response from her side. She just shyly fiddled with her fingers and looked down to my hands which was why i gazed down at them, then realizing i still held her book.

I rolled my eyes and mentally facepalmed myself.
Why would you behave so clumsy in front of her... I scolded myself, handing her the novel.
Then i turned back around to my work space behind the counter.

The day went by quicker than i could process it. A few customers came in to ask for something hot to eat, but none of them stayed longer than an hour. Whereas the mysterious girl was still there as the sun had already set.
I was about to wrap up my work, as i saw her move in the corner of my eyes.
She was putting on the black jeans jacket and grabbed her black hair, which covered her shoulders by now, to make another one of those high ponytails.
She was a girl so it didn't take her long to secure her hair on the top of her head. She took the novel and headed to the bookshelf we had in one corner.
I realized that she had taken that book from us. After she placed it there she headed for the glass door. While pushing it open, she turned around once again sending me a soft smile „thank you for letting me spend my day here” she thanked me and waved me goodbye.
„No problem” i answered, but she didnt hear me since she already closed the door and walked into the dawn.

What a day.. i thought wrapping up my shift, placing everything where it belonged and turning off the fairy lights which now gave the café the soft glow since it was almost dark now.
After everything was clean, i went to the back of the café to grab my phone and my parker.
I threw a goodbye into the room and pushed the glass door open.
The cold everning breeze welcomed me and i hurried to get to my car because i wanted to be at home as soon as possible.