a film like birthday party

"Are you wearing a thong?" Jenos voice slipped as he appraised my outfit for the party tonight. "Do you think my ass looks good?" i questioned making him step right into the trap. A playful smile creeped up my lips as i was enjoying him blushing at the direct question. "And to answer your question: yes i am indeed wearing a thong" i whispered while i passed him, who was sitting on the sofa. 

Friday approached faster than expected and i had a hard time figuring out an outfit because everything i had in mind was either overdressed or looked like i was going on a picknick date so i spontaneously decided to order a silk black dress online, always worrying if it would come on time. But here i was, clothed with nothing but a dress and some jewellery and a pair of eyes was fixed on my body. I giggled "Jeno i can feel your eyes on my body. Is it that beautiful?" and all i got was him walking out of the room, which only made me giggle more. I was in the middle of putting on my shoes as Jeno appeared in the door frame with the perfume in his hands. "Got the present" he brought up, reminding me of the one thing i wanted to get Sage as an addition to our collaborative present. "Can we get flowers somewhere on the way Jen?" "Sure thing" he answered and with that we left the apartment and made our way downstairs. 

Half way down we smelled a strong fragrance which impregnated the air all the way to the ground floor. I knew exactly who the perfume belonged to. "Is Changkyun invited as well?" i asked Jeno but as soon as i spoke the words i regretted it because i could see that only the simplest mention of his name pestered him. "okay i'm sorry, i wont mention him anymore" i apologised because i didn't have a nerve to cope with their hostility tonight. "Its not your fault" i heard him hiss in front of me. Hopefully we wouldn't bump into him tonight.

The air had heated up a lot the last few days which was also a reason for me to pick that short dress. But what i wanted to point out is, that there were so many people at the party, that it was getting harder and harder to breath, their bodies which radiated warmth adding onto the already sultry weather. Arriving in front of the house it was clear enough that it wasn't just a house. The walls were towering us by far and the small turrets and eaves gave the location a fairy like vibe. After Jeno had opened the passenger door like the gentleman he is, I took a hold of his arm. To be honest i was intimidated by the power the castle like building held and i needed to know that he was by my side before entering such an impactful building. On top of that i barely knew anyone who came to Sages birthday party so i wanted to be in Jeno's nearest surroundings. 

"Do you have her present?" i asked him as i noticed his empty hands. Judging by his reaction he forgot it so he quickly went back to the car to get the small box which was wrapped in simply wrapping paper. This morning i had helped him to wrap it because i couldn't let him struggle like this. The small memory made me smile to myself. "You can go ahead if you like i will be there in a second" he said on his way back but i quickly denied "No i'm waiting for you" while i smoothed the wrinkles in my dress. On his way back to me he send me a small smile and offered me his arm so we could proceed walking. 

"Hey there jeno!" we heard a high pitched girls voice as soon as we entered the enormous hallway. Jeno's eyes searched for the voice and after some seconds i aswell could make up a small figure walking towards us. It wasn't sage but Jeno seemed to know her just as well. "Oh hi Claire" he politely answered as he turned around to face her. "Do you know where Sage is?" he continued the small talk. The black haired girls face lit up at the familiar sounding name. "Yeah she's guiding her guests to the 'party area' she gestured with the pointer and middle finger of both hands. "Ah thanks. I'll see you there?" he said and waved goodbye as gently guided me towards another room. "That was Sages best friend" he enlightened me as he must have seen my clueless face. "I'll go and give Sage her present real quick. Do you want to meet up at the bar after? i suppose you don't necessarily want to face her, am i right?" he added to appease me because i was thinking he doesn't want me there while he gives her the present. And yep, he got me right there. I indeed was not that interested in meeting her face to face so i agreed to his suggestion and turned towards the bar. One of the bar stools was free and i hived myself up there. I quickly gave up trying to oversee the crowd in order to fin Jeno amongst the mass of people. Not even the additional height of the stool allowed me to reach a presentable height so i decided to concentrate on the bar and on myself. Just as i was about to order someone squeezed into the small space on my left side, ignoring the fact that another person - my ex seat neighbour - had to move out of their way. Seconds later a familiar fragrance filled my nostrils. Changkyun. Oh no.. i thought to myself as i slowly realised that he was in fact here, just as I predicted before. 

"Hi there, beauty" he started talking to me, while his hand touched the bare skin at my shoulder. My body automatically went into protect mode, my left hand reaching to hold my purse closer to my body as i half-heartedly turned around retorting his greeting. "Can i get the pretty girl something to drink?" He smiled, already in the midst of calling the bartender. How badly i wanted to tell him that i was here with jeno, but for some reason i knew that that decision would have bad consequences so i stopped myself from intervening. Seconds later, i had a gin tonic in front of me while i talked to him, his fragrance slowly wrapping me into its spell.