Ch. 3 Barbatos

Book Cover Credit: https://mobile.twitter.com/Qing11502143

Meme Credit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jafeoq/zhongli_after_he_agrees_to_buy_everything_for_us/

Please ★ (Star) this Chapter if you enjoy reading and give some feedback! That would really help! ❤

Warning: Explicit language and spoilers! Please take caution if you haven't completed Liyue's main quest!

"老头啊(Oh, old man) that's not how you hit on someone!" Barbatos cackled as he spat out Liyuean, trying not to choke on the Dandelion Wine he was devouring.

"Well, I do not know what you mean, esteemed Lord Barbatos," Zhongli replied, daintily picking up the wine glass, taking delicate sips, while Venti continued to chug down the bottle.

"You've never made a contract like that before! Allow me to be your advisor, and in return, I'll lend you my powers forever? That's l-i-t-e-r-a-l-l-y proposing to h-him!" Venti slurred as he downed yet another glass of wine. "By the Archons, were you drunk? The last time you made such a contract like that was your friendship contract with Lady Guizhong-"

"Barbatos," Zhongli said strictly, slamming down his wine glass, warning Venti to stop talking. Venti sneaked a peek at his friend before laughing it off.

"Fine, fine..." Venti continued, changing the subject, "But seriously, what were you thinking? That man's a mortal, on top of being a part of Tsaritsa's mindless army, and a criminal." Venti stood up and pointed a finger into the air, "He's going to abuse your power-"

"I'm done being Rex Lapis."

Venti paused, some wine dripping out of his mouth. He quickly snatched a handkerchief from the table to wipe his mouth. "S-Seriously?" Venti stuttered, sat down, and leaned back into his chair. "Then, this Childe you are so fond of is part of your plan?"

"Yes," Zhongli replied, gazing down at his glass, picking up his chopsticks. "I made a negotiation with the Tsaritsa, or, rather, one of her Eleven Harbingers, Signora. All the preparations are ready, with Childe at the center of it." He cast his gaze aside. "Childe doesn't know I'm Rex Lapis, nor is he aware of our plans. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to him. He is a rather eccentric young man."

"Dear me! You liked and lied to his face, didn't you? 老头(Old man), why don't you admit it? Here, I'll teach you how to flirt and hit on someone properly!" Venti slurred, jumping out of his chair and making his way towards Xiao, posted by the door. He leaned in close to Xiao, putting one arm by the doorframe. "Xiao-ah, your arm tattoos, your beautiful face, your buff abs, I love them all."

Zhongli looked at his archon-friend, grimacing at the stupidity coming out of the Wind Archon, expecting Xiao to retaliate. Weirdly enough, Xiao just stared expressionless at Venti, the small stray strand on the top of his head showing his emotions instead, straightening up in shock, then curling in out of embarrassment. Realizing what was happening, Zhongli stood up, adjusting his sleeves and patting his coat as he walked towards a door, putting one hand on Xiao's shoulder.

"Well, Xiao, I'll leave Venti in your care. Make sure to take care of this drunkard well, okay?"