Useless Breakdown (Valentines Day - Platonic Angst)

Summary: Platonic grumbo griangst- that's the fic. That's it.
MC: Grian, Mumbo (kinda?)
Song: Story of My Life by One Direction
Tags/Warnings: Swearing (Ig), Text Messages, Self-deprecating thoughts, Platonic Grumbo, Griangst,

-oO0Oo-

<You whispered to MumboJumbo> help
<You whispered to MumboJumbo> it hurts, can't breathe_

His thumb hovered over the send button of his communicator, twitching, before he pulled his finger back and started deleting everything he just typed. It wasn't worth it.

He couldn't breathe properly; he couldn't think straight for the life of him. He was just-

gone, dead, tired, frustrated- over reacting-- an attention seeking asshole. He was a liar.

Snot almost dripped down his nose, and a lump was forming in his throat, he was dead beat about to cry, and he knew that. He knew that he was going to cry, ugly and loud, and he was going to regret it. Grian knew; except, he didn't.

He knew he could talk to his friends. He knew that it was okay to reach out, and Grian knew that the things he was telling himself weren't true, but what if it was?

He wasn't having a panic attack- no. His breathing was steady despite his nose being for the most part clogged, and he could coherently tell his mind things even if they were untrue. He could tell the difference between a truth and a lie.

"Don't even bother- you're just going to dump all your problems on him, and then-- it'll all just end up as a lie anyways!" Grian strained his voice under his breath, mumbling to himself. He twitched and curled into himself, holding onto his communicator tighter. "Don't"

Squeezing his eyes together, he wrinkled his face a bit. Grian pursed his lips together and took a breath out.

He was so going to regret this later.

<MumboJumbo whispered to You> ?

Oh right- yeah, I definitely do regret this

He clenched slightly at his communicator and then stared at it. He stared at the message then he stared at the keyboard. Blanked face and fingers lining themselves along the letters. How the hell was he supposed to reply?

Grian tried to rack his brain for the words that he so desperately needed, always finding more to say. 'I don't feel good. I'm crying- and I can't handle shit. I don't know how to explain it properly-- I DON'T EVEN HAVE A REASON. This is scary, and I hate it. But, I can't-- Please help me. I need someone to talk to. I don't know anymore- Do you think it's a good idea to just lock myself up in a closet? It's secluded and makes me feel safe-- Oh but NPG, I miss him. Fuck, I'm a terrible person-' words came flooding to his head, but

-were they the right ones?

<You whispered to MumboJumbo> oh
<You whispered to MumboJumbo> sorry, forgot i sent that. i don't need help anymore don't worry :D

"Void, I'm such a liar' was all that he could numbly say to himself as he quivered and laid still, staring at nothing. He deafly chuckled at himself. Gritting his teeth, he hissed out, 'such a liar"

Grian looked at his communicator, lips pursed and teary eyed. He snorted at the stupidity of his situation, and then, he waited. Why the need to wait?

He took a breath and blinked. You're okay, so shut up already.

<MumboJumbo whispered to You> u sure? i'm right here if u need me