Chapter 4 -Sleepover

The door opened, revealing Sayaka. She smiled at the sight of the other two girls.

"Kirigiri! Fukawa! I'm so glad you're here. Come in, come in! The others are in the living room down the hall. Do you want anything to drink?", she asked them.

"I'll have some water, thank you.", Kyoko replied. Sayaka looked over at Toko, who nodded. As she left for the kitchen, the other two made their way to the living room.

"Hey girl!", Junko yelled as she engulfed Kyoko in a hug. "How come you're late?"

"I lost track of time, it's fine.", she replied, trying to pull Junko off of her. She sat down in an empty spot on one of the couches, when Sayaka walked in with two glasses of water.

"Here you go, Kirigiri.", she handed her the glass. "We're ordering pizzas in a bit, what do you like?" Kyoko took a sip of her water.

"Hmm, anything, really. Though I am allergic to peppers." Sayaka nodded and wrote it down.

It was a lot of talking. Like, a lot of talking. Kyoko zoned out most of the time, when Sayaka's father walked in the living room.

"Sayaka, dear, your dad's ordering the pizzas. Do you have a list of what you want?" She nodded, handing him the list.

"Here you go pop! Kirigiri's allergic to peppers and Ikusaba to mushrooms, so I wrote that down aswell." Kyoko's heart started beating faster. 

"We'll make sure to take note of it.", Sayaka's father said as he kissed her forehead. Kyoko felt her throat tighten and her eyes began to sting.

"Daad, that's embarassing.", Sayaka said. 

Kyoko excused herself to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She sat on the edge of the bathtub, her face buried in her hands. Her throat hurt as she tried to repress the upcoming sobs. It was so unfair. Everyone there had their father, Sayaka even had two. Why couldn't she keep hers? Why is she so cursed? Will everyone she loves end up dying too soon? There was a knock on the door. She went up to open it, revealing Sayaka, Mukuro and Junko. They hugged her on sight.

"What happened, Kirigiri...?", Mukuro asked her. A sob escaped. They hugged her again.

"I-I'm sorry, I..." Kyoko took some time to recollect herself. "My father passed away a couple of months ago, and uh... I-It's still quite...touchy..." Sayaka covered her mouth, as Junko wrapped herself around Kyoko and Mukuro felt her eyes start to tear.

"What about your mother?", Junko dared to ask.

"She died when I was six. Heart failure, father always said. He himself was killed."

"D-Did they find the murderer?", Sayaka asked as colour drained from her face. Kyoko shook her head.

"Well, let's just go back to the others for now. I don't want to be more of a bother." She started walking, but turned around to see the others still standing there.

"You're not a bother, Kirigiri.", Junko said. She sounded upset. "It's normal to be sad over losing your parents."

"Please don't ever think you're annoying people with your emotions.", Mukuro added.

"Surpressing your feelings isn't healthy. Show us how you feel.", Sayaka finished. They shot her a small, yet comforting smile.

~

"CAN I GET A HOO-YAH?"

"HOO-YAH!", Leon shouted as he jumped down the terrace stairs, landing in the grass. "FUCK!", he shouted.

Makoto couldn't help but laugh as he watched Leon, Mondo and Yasuhiro go on doing their usual dumb shenanigans. Byakuya, on the other hand, showed some signs of serious stress about the dumbasses destroying his property.