Chapter 22 - Daydreaming

Kyoko turned the doorknob of the classroom, met by a shrieking Junko and Hina. Ofcourse they had to be this excited on a Monday morning.

"Kyoko!! How did it go?", Hina asked. The two girls were about an inch away from the poor detective's face.

"It was fine, jeez, can you let me breathe?"

"Fine? Just fine?", Junko said as the two of them gave Kyoko some breathing room.

"What else do you want me to say?"

"Did he kiss you? Did you do anything gross in the backseat of his car? Come on girl, the details!" The detective walked past them, sitting down in her seat.

"I don't see how that's any of your business." Their little group was joined by some other girls from class, clueless about whatever was happening.

"D-Did something happen?", Toko asked.

"Geez, Toko, I thought you of all people would know. Makoto and Kyoko went on a date." Celeste nearly spat out her tea. How she got a cup of tea in class to begin with was a mystery to all.

"Did I just hear that correctly?", she said, making her way over to the rest of the group. Kyoko slammed her head on her desk, groaning.

"Why are you all in my business?", she whined.

"C'mon Kyoko, we're just curious!", Hina said. "Tell us! Did he see the cute lingerie Junko got you?"

"W-What?! No!"

"Lame! You looked super cute, a shame you didn't let him see that.", the fashionista said.

"What part of first date do you not understand?"

"It was your first date, sure, but you've liked eachother for longer than that right?", Hina asked.

"Please, just, stop talking about it." Kyoko felt weird enough as is. She couldn't shake the feeling that what had happened the night before was wrong. As she said herself, it was only their first date. But on the other hand, she already missed the feeling of his hands on her hips, or his fingers in her hair.

"Did something bad happen?"

"It's fine, Hina. I just don't see why everyone needs to know every detail about my personal life. We had fun and that's most important, isn't it?" She nodded.

"Sorry. We're just really happy for you, Kyoko."

"It's alright. But please don't bombard Makoto with questions when he walks in." Junko and Hina nodded. Mukuro sat down next to Kyoko, leaning over a little.

"I'm sorry for the question, but I was wondering... Are you two anything official now?"

"U-Uh... I don't know. I don't think so?" The doorknob turned, and the door opened. In walked Makoto and Leon, who definitely seemed to be on good terms again. As much as you would slap Makoto in the face for forgiving him that easily, it was nice to see the best friends reunited again.

"Makoto!", Junko yelled as she ran up to the two boys. Kyoko groaned loudly. "You were good to Kyoko yesterday, right? She's not saying a word."

"W-We had a lot of fun, if that's what you mean."

"UGH, WHY ARE YOU TWO LIKE THIS?!" She walked away as quick as she walked up to them. Makoto's eyes darted around the room, eventually landing on an annoyed Kyoko. He smiled. He felt for the poor girl, she was probably bombarded with questions. He walked over to her, and noticed she seemed a little troubled.

"Hey there. Everything okay?" Kyoko looked up at him, and nodded.

"Can we talk?"

"Ofcourse!" The girl got up from her chair, and the two of them left the classroom for a moment. That, ofcourse, caused a lot of ruckus. "What did you want to talk about?", Makoto asked as he reached to grab Kyoko's hand.

"Makoto... What are we?"

"That's... a good question."

"I know you said you wanted to take it slow, and I know I said I could wait, but everything about yesterday just felt so..."

"Right?" He squeezed her hand.

"Yeah." She smiled at him.

"Then, honestly, I can't really be bothered to wait anymore." The brunette wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her closer.

"What are you planning, Mr. Naegi?", Kyoko teased.

"I just want to ask you something...", he whispered.

"I'm all ears."

"Kyoko... What would you say if I were to ask you to be my girlfriend?"

"Hmm... I think I'd say yes."

"Then, will you be my girlfriend?" Kyoko placed her hand on his cheek.

"Yes." The two of them leaned in, their lips connecting once more. It was a feeling they would never get used to. It's like coming home on a cold winter day, to find your cozy couch filled with pillows and blankets, with hot chocolate on the coffeetable.

Home.

But, sadly, even in the cosiest of homes, there can be intruders. Kyoko was alerted to the figures behind her, because of Hina's inability to surpress her squealing. She pulled away, turning around to face the girls. And Leon.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough.", Junko smirked. "Congrats, you two. It took you long enough." Kyoko shoo'd everyone back inside the classroom.

"Sorry about that. Boyfriend."

"It's no problem. Girlfriend." Makoto wrapped his arms around her again, engulfing her in a hug. She giggled. "We should head back inside aswell."

"We really should.", Kyoko replied as she looked up at him. He planted a small kiss on her forehead. The two of them made their way back inside the classroom, not letting go of the other's hand. It didn't take too long for Mrs. Yukizome to arrive, and class to start.

The day went by slowly, and Makoto found himself daydreaming throughout it. He thought about yesterday, that morning, the future... But most importantly, he thought about Kyoko, and his future with her. How he got to call her his girlfriend. How his heart fluttered everytime he looked at her. How warm her gloved hand felt in his...

He was happy. Happy with her.

A/N: I LIVE!!! So sorry about the long wait, and the mega short chapter, but it was a sweet one haha. There are a couple more elements to add to the story, but it's gonna take a while to figure out how to write this in, so please be patient a little longer! I'm finding it hard to switch back into Makoto and Kyoko's relationship after being so focused on Mika and Yuu from ONS. The story is starting to wrap up, so thank you for the support!