Chapter 14 - Starbucks Chatter

Kyoko took a bite of her blueberry muffin, as Junko rambled on about the party. It was taking place at her cousin's house, and, luckily, Mukuro would be there aswell. After their shopping business, which took approximately five hours, the two girls had sat themselves down at the small Starbucks which was located at the mall. Kyoko shot her attention back to Junko once she saw her fingers snap in front of her face.

"You're daydreaming again.", the blonde spoke. "What are you thinking about?", she asked, gently swaying the pink drink she held in her hand. Kyoko felt a small blush crawl to her cheeks. "Ah, Makoto! Silly me, I should have known!"

"... Stop." Kyoko sighed, having another bite of her muffin. "He's so confusing."

"Hm? Oh, you sound upset?"

"I'm not upset, Junko. I think."

"You think? Girl, talk to me."

"It's just..." Kyoko let out another sigh. "I can't tell what he's thinking, which is something I'm usually very good at. It's frustrating, and I don't know why." Junko smirked, having a sip of her drink.

"It's because you're in love with him, dumbass." Kyoko looked up at her, frowning. "You don't want to jump to conclusions about him because you don't want to be biased. It's pretty logical, ya know? You're scared of going along with the thought that he might be into you, so you're just convincing yourself you can't read him at all."

"That... actually makes a lot of sense."

"See? I can say useful things!"

"From time to time.", Kyoko teased.

"Bitch." They laughed. Kyoko let her giggle ride along, though Junko quickly turned quiet. The detective glanced up at her, seeing her seething gaze pointed at the door. Kyoko glanced towards the entrance herself, too. And there he stood. You could tell the fear shooting through him once his eyes met theirs. Kyoko returned her eyes to her coffee and muffin.

"Ignore Kuwata, Junko."

"I really want to go kick his ass right now."

"So do I, but let's not cause an unnecessary ruckus. If he leaves us alone, we leave him." After a moment of hesitation, Junko nodded. The blonde saw her phone vibrate on the table.

Makoto: Hey! Sorry to bother you, Kyoko's not answering haha. Are you guys still at the mall? Kyoko left her keys at my house and I'll bring them over

Junko smiled, typing a response. Kyoko shot up an eyebrow.

"It's your boyfriend. He says you're ignoring him~" Mouthing an 'o', Kyoko pulled her phone from her wallet. "I like how you're not refuting that I called him your boyfriend."

"Be quiet.", Kyoko responded. Unlocking her phone, she saw a missed call and two texts from Makoto. Her heart started racing.

Makowo: Hey!! I'll shoot you a text because you didn't answer, but you left your keys here. I'll bring them to the mall?

That text dated from an hour ago. The most recent one was 5 minutes from now.

Makowo: I figured your phone is on silent, I may or may not be at the mall haha. Please tell me you're still there i will not hesitate to cry

As she finished reading the text, her attention caught to Junko waving. She turned around, seeing Makoto walk into the Starbucks. Seeing them, he made their way over to them. He sat down next to Kyoko.

"Thanks for the heads up, Junko. I don't want to talk to Leon right now."

"Totally understandable. We don't feel like it either." Makoto smiled as he dug through his backpack, pulling out a bunch of purple keychains. There were some keys attached to it, but the majority was keychains. He handed the bundle to Kyoko.