Chapter 6 - Kyoko's House

Makoto let out an exhausted sigh as he laid in his bed. His clothes were scattered on the floor, as if they were thrown off in a hurry. He covered his face with the hand that wasn't hanging off the bed. God, how he felt embarrassed and ashamed. Sayaka was absent for one day and in all of a sudden he was pressed to Kyoko. He felt horrible, but couldn't stop thinking about her. Sometimes he wondered what would have happened if Leon and Mukuro hadn't shown up. He definitely thanks them, but he was also mad in some way they did.

He turned over to his side, grabbing his phone. The class groupchat was blowing up about what had happened that day.

GUN GOES BRRRR: Apparently that wasn't the first time it happened.

balls arent gay mondo: hah????

corn on the cob: is that why teach was so reluctant

hiiiina: yes owo

Cute Detective: Komaeda mentioned it happened in the past, when he was at my bed in the nursery.

Cute Detective: Kuwata why is my name cute detective?

balls arent gay mondo: ówò

Makoto smiled as he watched the chat bubbles pop up. He was glad things between him and Leon had calmed down. Dare he say it, the Ultimate Baseballer was his best friend. The days they were fighting felt disgusting. Some more texts came in, from private conversations.

Ultimate Cutie: What happened today babey??

Kyoko Kirigiri: How are you feeling, Naegi?

The same feelings of guilt crept to him. He decided to ignore Kyoko for now, seeing that would cause the least amount of damage to everyone. He opened up Sayaka's conversation, and explained what happened. They chatted for a while, whereafter she asked a peculiar question.

Ultimate Cutie: Is the aphrodisiac still intact? :)

A Himbo?: Uhm, not sure. Maybe? Why?

Ultimate Cutie: God you're dense! Come over, I miss you.

A Himbo?: Aren't you sick?

Ultimate Cutie: I feel better :)

Makoto sighed, as he threw the covers off of him. He pulled his clothes back on and made his way downstairs. He was about to head out the door, when his mother stopped him.

"Oh, Mako, heading out?", she asked, looking up from her crossword puzzle. He nodded.

"Sayaka asked me to come over."

"Hmm, after you've had your food drugged with aphrodisiacs?"

"...Don't make this weird, mom." She laughed, raising her hands.

"I didn't say anything! I'm worried about your health honey."

"I'm fine, mom. Really. I'll be heading out now?"

"Sure thing, Mako." He grabbed his coat and opened the front door. "Oh, and use a cond-"

"BYE!"

After the awkward interaction with his mother, he hopped in his car. Before he started it, he figured he'd finally reply to Kyoko. A quick "I'm doing fine, how are you holding up?" would do for now. He started his car and drove off to Sayaka's house.

~

Kyoko sighed in relief as the warm water of the bathtub surrounded her. What a day it was. She had decided it was best for everyone to pretend she didn't remember a thing about what happened with Makoto. Yet she did. She couldn't help the blush that crept to her face as she thought of how close Naegi was in that moment. If she focused hard enough, she could still feel the warmth of his arms around her. She honestly didn't know what to reply to his question of how she was doing. Her phone buzzed again. She dried off her hands and grabbed it, seeing the message from the groupchat with Junko, Mukuro and Hina.