Chapter 8 - A Date With Leon

The week went by insanely slow. Every single day that passed, Kyoko could feel a rope around her neck tighten. Everytime she glanced over to Makoto and Sayaka, it felt like Monday never even happened. That he never went to her house. That he never was crying in her kitchen.

It was Friday. Kyoko had figured by now she was definitely falling for Makoto, as much as she didn't want that. So she did what she could best. Repress it. And it would fade again. She was making some notes in her notebook, as someone leaned on her desk. She looked up, seeing Leon.

"Hey, Kirigiri. What time should I pick you up this evening?" Kyoko's hand met her face.

"Ah, I forgot about that. My apologies, Kuwata. How does 7 sound?" He nodded, smiling.

"Sounds great! Be ready for me~", he said, as he walked back over to Mondo and Chihiro. Not even ten seconds and the next person was already there to demand Kyoko's attention. A knee gently met her arm. Kyoko looked up, seeing Sayaka. A wave of nauseousness consumed her.

"What are you two up to?", Maizono asked, as she grabbed the chair next to Kyoko's and sat down.

"He's been persisting I go on a date with him. So, I'm going out with him tonight."

"Whoa, really? I wouldn't expect Leon to be your type!"

"He isn't. I don't really have a type, anyways." She sighed. "How are things going between you and Makoto?" Sayaka smiled as she looked at her hands.

"We got in a small fight earlier this week, but that's cleared up. We're doing great again." Kyoko forced a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. How come you got in a fight?" She let out an awkward chuckle.

"It's something dumb, really..." Sayaka sighed. "He kind of forgot our 11 month anniversary... I got really mad at him for that."

"Eleven months? That's quite the while." Kyoko felt like she could vomit, preferably in Sayaka's face. The fact she was lying about why her and Makoto got in a fight pretty much confirmed everything to her.

"It is, huh? I honestly couldn't picture him or me with anyone else anymore." This whole situation was so strange. Kyoko knew she was lying, because why would he? Yet there was still that glimmer in her eyes.

"I'm glad you two are happy together." God how she hated lying. Being lied to or telling them herself, she hated it. And somehow she felt forced to lie in this moment. Kyoko jumped as Sayaka laid her hand on her leg.

"I know one day you'll find someone who looks at you the way Makoto and I look at eachother." She smiled. "Perhaps you've already found him." She glanced at Leon, then back to Kyoko. She said her goodbyes as Yukizome walked in, and went back to her seat. Kyoko noticed Mukuro looking at her. They shot eachother a sympathetic smile.

Slowly but surely, the day came to an end. Kyoko was packing up her backpack, as Yukizome walked over to her. She waited for everyone to leave. She placed her hand on Kyoko's arm.

"Kirigiri, I'm worried about you. You've been very absent the past week, your classmates have noticed too. Is everything alright?" She nodded.

"I'm fine, Mrs Yukizome. Thank you for worrying. I'll tell the rest that, aswell." She swung her bag over her shoulder, but was stopped.

"I'll take you on your word for now. But you can always talk to me about it. Have a nice weekend, Kirigiri."

"Thank you. You too."

The walk home felt so tiresome. The rain didn't help, either. Kyoko was soaked when she got home. She threw her bag on the couch, and headed upstairs to the bathroom. She glanced in the mirror. Her hair was dripping, and there were mascara tracks on her cheeks. She sighed, filling up the bathtub with warm water for a much needed bath. Once it was full, she got in and grabbed her phone. It was about two hours before Leon would be there to pick her up, so she had some time to kill. Her phone buzzed, with an incoming message.