28|| Remember

A/N: here's chapter 28. Enjoy, people.

"So, what do we do with him?" David asked.

Iris arched a brow. "There's a we in this?"

"Not now, Iris." Damien sighed with an exhausted shake of his head.

She threw her arms up in mock surrender. "Fine, fine!"

"I've also informed DeLano about this," Lisa announced, sliding her phone back into her pocket. "He said he'll be here in fifteen minutes."

Iris flinched. "You informed Dad about this? Why? He- he doesn't need to know!"

"Yes, he does. You were incredibly reckless, Iris, and as one of your guardians, he deserves the right to know."

"I'm with Iris on this one." David scowled, crossing his arms. "There is no need to inform that arrogant man."

"Watch your tongue," Iris said sharply. "That's my father you're talking about."

"Would you two stop this?" Elijah cut in and everyone around him nodded. "Iris, I think we should clear up the matter on this boy here first."

"Oh, don't mind me." Alex grinned and lazily waved. His right eye was almost swollen shut and his face was mottled with dark bruises and the nasty gash on his forehead had been wiped and bandages, but he still managed to adopt a cheerful manner. "I'm really enjoying the show."

Iris scowled and pressed one of his wounds.

He yelped and pushed her away, but still maintained a smile. "Aw, don't be like that, Rainbow. Y'know, I can really see the similarities between you and that grumpy man over there. You have the same eyes—"

"Don't go there. You shouldn't antagonise the person who could easily kill you right now."

"Fair point," he admitted and glanced around the room, his steely gaze analysing and assessing the six siblings and their parents. "Hey, where's Mia- or rather, Mi Cha- and Eun-Woo?"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You really think I'm gonna put them in the same room as you? I've seen you take down someone armed with only a paperclip  and a sock."

"Ah, yes. That was fun."

"Enough chatting," Will spoke up, twirling with the ends of his glasses- a habit he often did when he was either nervous or bored. "Iris, why don't you ask him the questions?"

"Right." Iris mentally slapped herself for almost getting sucked back into the easy banter. She took a deep breath. "Who are you working for?"

"None of your business."

"How did you survive that night?"

"Skill, prayer, and a hell load of luck."

"Why won't you let me find out who killed my mother?"

"Because I'm being paid to not let you find out that information."

"I thought you could make him talk." Julian scoffed from where he was leaning against the medicinal cabinet, mindlessly throwing and catching a pill bottle. "So far, he seems to be doing a good job at avoiding them."

"I know what I'm doing," Iris said without taking her eyes off Alex. "He lied on the last question, by the way."

Alex's right eye twitched and he laughed, scratching the thick white bandage. "W-what?"

Iris ducked down and grabbed his chin, forcing herself to stare into his dark brown gaze. "What is your name?"

"Eh?"