I Got A Feeling.

I always feel nauseous and dizzy after a flight, so I spent most part of the day sleeping the awful sensations off. It was already afternoon when I was able to wake up feeling ok. I checked my phone and there was a couple of messages from Sarah and my parents, I answered them before standing up and get myself ready to go outside and hopefully have something to eat. As I was changing into my clothes, I could stop my mind from wondering back to Charlie and imagine what would happen if I did see him again. The thought brought a smile to my face. Also, I could not shake the feeling that I knew him from somewhere else. After a few minutes trying to figure that out, I decided to put the thought in the back of my mind. I quickly fixed my hair, grabbed my mask, my phone, putted on some sandals and walked out of the room, locking the door behind me.

It was still early for dinner, so I went all the way down to the reception to reschedule my group trips to the forest and outside group activities. Before COVID, the forest excursions were made in groups of 10 to 15 mixed tourists. Now however, because of all the new guidelines, they were prioritizing the walks to small groups of people that already knew each other. My problem is that because Sarah is not coming anymore, I would have to try to move my activities and have them with another group – if possible - that way I wouldn't be doing them by myself.

When the elevator doors opened, I was met by a small group of people that was waiting to get inside, but they moved so that I could get out first. As I was passing by them, one person called out my name.

- Laura? – I looked up to see the same pair of hazel eyes that I first met that morning. The only detail of his expression that I could see since his mask was covering half of his face.

- Charlie. Hi.

- Hey you. – he said. – Are you going out?

- Actually, I'm going to the reception to change the schedule of my group activities.

- Oh no. Something wrong?

- Yeah. My friend was supposed to meet me here, but she is not coming anymore. So, I have to reschedule everything. – I explained before adding. – She was the one that I was speaking with when we first met this morning.

- So that is why you were so upset. – he said, and his eyes sparked with the knowledge, before showing up confusion again. – Wait... So, you are all alone here?

- Basically yes. That has been the resume of my trip so far. – I said, rolling my eyes, but smiling. His friends had already left at that point, leaving the two of us alone. He stayed quiet for a few seconds before asking.

- Would you... Like to stay with us? – he looked a little afraid of the answer that I would give him.

- I can not impose myself on you and your friends. I'll be fine.

- It is not imposing if I am offering. – he objected. – C'mon.

- What about your friends?

- They will be ok with it, I promise.

- Why are you doing this? – I asked, after a few seconds of weighting his offer, before adding. – Don't get me wrong, but you don't know me, and I don't know you. – the last statement seemed to take him a little bit by surprise, I just didn't know why.

- Well, I do know that your name is Laura Fre... - I giggled a little bit when he tried to pronounce my Brazilian last name.

- Freitas. – I said, crossing my arms under my chest, waiting to see where he was going to with that train of thought.

- Yes, that! And I know that you are from Brazil! – he said, before taking one step closer to me. – And you know that my name is Charles. But I told you to call me Charlie. See? Last name... - he said pointing to me. – And nickname... - he said pointing to himself. – We are basically friends.