I'm Gonna Let It Burn

- You did what now? – Sarah asked in our mother language. I woke up the morning after my almost kiss with Charlie feeling the need to talk to her, so I called her on FaceTime and asked for help with my clothes for the day. In the meantime, I ended catching her up on what was happening on the trip.

- Please, don't start. – I begged, pulling my shorts up.

- You have a really nice, hot guy, confessing to you that he wants to kiss you, and you basically said "No, thank you"!? What's wrong with you? – She asked, moving around on her bed.

- Nothing is wrong with me... I think. – I answered, looking at my image on the mirror. – What do you think? – I changed the subject when asking her opinion on the shorts that I was wearing.

- Cute. Put that red vans that I love and that you carry everywhere.

- Good idea. Thanks. – I said while walking to my bag to look for the sneakers that she was talking about. – Look, I didn't say that I'm not interested. I just told him that I think we should wait a little longer before taking that path.

- I just don't get you. It is not like he is asking you to marry him... - she does have a point.

- So, you think I being dramatic? – I asked while pulling the tank top over my head.

- Look... I think you should do what is the best for you, like you always do. But, Laura, listen to me. – she said and I stopped what I was doing to look at her. – You haven't been with anyone since Gabriel. And I get that he was an idiot and that you needed time. But it has been two years. You are in this amazing new country, and you should be enjoying it. You should enjoy yourself and this opportunity that life is giving you. Please, enjoy having a guy like Charlie next to you. Have fun with him. Kiss him! Go further! Don't go further! – by this point she was already sitting on the bed and moving her hands all around while talking. – Enjoy yourself. Enjoy life. Because we only get to live it once. And I don't you regretting later that you had this change and didn't take it.

- When did you get so wise? – I asked after a few seconds of silence.

- That's what happens when you spend too much time without seen me. – she said, making me laugh.

- Oh, excuse me, but I thought that was the whole idea behind this trip before you bailed on me.

- And I already said that I was sorry. – she apologized again, before laying back on her bed. – Please, promise me you will think about it and, when the next opportunity comes, you will take it.

- I promise I'll think about it. – I said, and she smiled, satisfied. - Ok, now, I have to finish, because he is going to be here any minute now. How do I look? – I asked, after finishing with my earrings and showing to her.

 How do I look? – I asked, after finishing with my earrings and showing to her

- Looking cute and hot at the same time. – she complimented and I rolled my eyes at her. I grabbed my bag and threw my wallet inside, my sunglasses, my water bottle and a few other stuff that I thought I might need for the day. I placed my mask close to my bag at the bed. I was fixing my hair when I heard a knock on the door.