Home

Three days later.

Saying goodbye to Charlie was probably one of the hardest things that I had to do in a while. We've grown so used to each other's daily presence that the thought of not seeing him every day, all day, once I was back in Florida kind of scared me.

But unfortunately, that's the situation that we found ourselves in, three days later: at the airport, waiting by the gate for the time to say goodbye.

Gaby and Jeff dropped us at the airport with promises to keep in touch, visits and invites to the weeding. Justin and Patrick left for Canada a little more than one hour ago, which left me and Charlie waiting by my gate, since I was next to leave. We enjoyed each other's company for the next hour and a half. I felt like I was being really clingy, kissing and touching him all the time, but I really didn't care, because I didn't know how long would take for the both of us to be in the same room together again. So I kind of wanted to compensate for the time that we would be apart.

When was time for me to board, I tried to convince Charlie that we should stay:

-I don't want to go. – I said, turning my back to the gate and facing Charlie.

- What are you talking about?

- Why don't we stay? Just you and me...

- Laura, baby, you know we can't! You have to go to college, and I have to go back to work!

- I know, but...

- Baby, I know you are scared of the whole long-distance thing, but I promise you that we are going to be okay.

- Okay. – I said after looking into his eyes and finding certainty in them.

After that we said our goodbyes and after one long, amazing kiss, I boarded the plane.

The trip back was made while looking through the pictures of the last couple of weeks. They were mostly pictures of me and Charlie, but there were also pictures of me and Gaby, as well as photos and videos of the guys together.

My arrival in the U.S was smooth and easy enough. I was able to get my bags quickly and, after asking for an UBER, I got at my shared apartment without any problems.

I share an apartment with other two students from FAU, Aubrey and Nora. They are both nice and around my age, so it is a nice place to live in with an easy enough routine.

Both girls were home when I arrived.

-Wow. She remembers she has a home. – Aubrey joked when she saw me walking through the door.

- Welcome back! – Nora said from the kitchen.

- Well, thank you. – I said to them while pulling my bags inside.

- How was the trip? – Aubrey asked.

- She was in paradise for two weeks. How do you think it was? – Nora joked while sitting on the couch by Aubrey's side.

- It was really nice. – I said, remembering that I had to let Charlie know that I arrived okay.

- Oh uh, I know that smile. Spill it. – Aubrey said, bringing me back to reality.

- What do you mean? – I asked, walking towards them.

- That silly smile on your face, it means guys. You met someone.

- How could you possibly...?

- Believe me, I know. Now, are you going to tell us?

And that's how I spent the next forty minutes, telling them about everything that happened in the trip and about Charlie (keeping away the fact that he is an actor though, at least for now).

- Girl, you are so lucky. You are the only that I know that goes to a trip single and comes back with a hot boyfriend. – Nora said.

- For sure I am the first girl to do that. – I said, standing up from the sofa and walking towards my phone that was ringing. "Charlie" – Speaking of him.

- Hey baby. – He said when I answered the call. It had only been a couple of hours, but damn, how did I miss that accent.

- Hey you. – I said, grabbing my bags and dragging them to my room, while leaving my friends jokes behind. – Are you home yet?

- Yeah, just arrived. You?

- Got home almost an hour ago but spent half of the time telling my roommates about the trip... and you.

- Oh, so you told them about me already? – I could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

- They kind of find by themselves the minute I stepped foot in the apartment, but wasn't I supposed to tell them about you? – I asked, curious of what his answer was going to be.

And that's how we spent the next hour or so, teasing each other over the phone and talking about anything and everything at the same time.