There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

The rest of our day was amazing.

We were the first to arrive at our usual spot in the balcony.

I sat with my back resting against the arm rest of one of the sofas while Charlie took a spot in front of me. He found a place to leave his guitar case by the sofa without bothering anyone else.

I took off my mask and he did the same.

- Where is everyone else? – I asked, looking back inside over my shoulder.

- They should be coming.

- What do you want to do while we wait?

- Do you want to play Would you rather? – he suggested.

- Really?

- Well... What can I say? It is a funny way to get to know you a little bit better.

- Ok. You ask the first question, then.

- Easy. Would you rather outdoor or indoor activities?

- Oh, so we are going there? – I asked and he just smirked at me. – Ok. I am a book worm, so I do spend most of my days inside. However, I do enjoy some outdoor activities every now and then.

- You do know that the game doesn't work like that, right?

- Why? I answered the question!

- Yeah, but you are supposed to choose just one of the options. – Charlie explained to me like he was talking to a kid. I looked at him, pretending to be a little annoyed before answering again.

- Fine. Indoors. My turn. Would you rather the beach or the mountains?

- Oh man. Mountains. I just can't give up hiking and skiing.

- Good choice. – I said, smiling at him and he smiled back, leaning in my direction a little bit more. – I've never been skiing before though, so I wouldn't know.

- Never? – I shook my head. – We got go one day. There is this place in California. It is just amazing.

- If you take full responsibility for the injuries that I'll have because of my lack of balance, I'm in. – I told him.

- It can't be that bad.

- Oh, it is! – I confirmed maybe a little too fast and he laughed.

We got in a conversation about our embarrassing moments and soon the game was forgotten.

After a few minutes Charlie grabbed his guitar from the case, found the right tune and started to play a few different accords. I stayed quiet, listening to him play with talent and concentration. My eyes were analyzing every move of his fingers. The way his fingers moved over the strings, with such ability and confidence. I could watch him play like that every day.

-You are staring. – he murmured with his eyes still focused on the strings.

- Well, I can't help myself. – I said back, and he smiled, his cheeks gaining a light shade of red. Charlie half smiled, embarrassed.

- Hey guys. – we heard Gaby saying from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw her walking in with Jeff by her side. Patrick and Justin were walking right behind them.

- Wow. You guys are early for once. – Justin joked, sitting on the sofa across from us.

- Shut up man. – Charlie said back. – What took you guys so long?

- We ran into each other on the hallway, and I couldn't hold back the news. – Gaby said, smiling.

- What news? – I asked and she lifted her hand, showing us a beautiful engagement ring. – Oh my gosh. Congratulations. – I said, standing up to hug her. Despite knowing her for a short amount of time, Gaby and I became close friends. Our bonding was mostly around our love for nature and the support that we found on each other to have to deal with the guys by ourselves. – How did he do it?