I'm Yours

Charlie grabbed the bag from my hands and dropped it on the back of the pickup truck with the rest of their bags.

- Is this it? – he asked, walking back to me.

- Yeah, and my backpack. – I said, pushing the straps of my shoulders. Charlie held it before it could hit the ground.

- Are you going to need anything from it? – he asked. I felt my pockets for my phone and checked my neckline for the mask. They were both there.

- I don't think so

- I don't think so. – I answered and he left to place the backpack with the rest of our stuff.

I moved my arms and hugged myself, tying the grip of the jacket that I was wearing around my torso. The weather had quickly changed since that morning, and now was windy and chilly. I just hoped that it changed back to the nice weather that was before, so we can enjoy the beach days ahead of us.

Charlie walked back to me and hugged me, sharing his warm heat with me. He was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, jeans and a pair of sneakers. I snuggled myself in his embrace, hiding my face in his chest. I was also enjoying the feeling of having his arms around me again.

-You okay?

- Yeah. Just tired from the lack of sleep. – I murmured and I felt him nodding his head. – Or do you mean something else? – I asked, moving my head so I could see his face. Charlie took a deep breath before answering me.

- I just want to make sure that you are not regretting... You know... Our kiss. – after the kiss, we didn't really have the chance to talk about it since we had to go back to our rooms and finish packing before meeting the others to hit the road.

- I told you, I might have asked to wait, but I did ask you for that kiss in full confidence in what I'm feeling. – I told him, but I still could see some doubts in his eyes. – I like you, Charlie. A lot. And if you were truthful about what you told me in the hot tub, I promise you, that I'm all in. And I honestly want to give us a chance.

- I like you too, Laura, and I would like nothing more. – he said, holding my face in between his hands.

- Ok. – I said, sliding my hands around his torso and feeling them touching his muscular back. Charlie kissed my forehead before I moved my head, touching his chest with its side while I was looking at the guys finishing at the truck.

After a few seconds of comfortable silence between us, Jeff came walking in our direction.

- I hate to interrupt. – He said. – We are ready to go, but we do have a situation.

- What are you talking about? – Charlie asked, letting go of me.

- The car. It only has space for five people.

- I can always go on the back with the bags. – Charlie said, after a few seconds of thinking.

- No way. It is too cold and humid for that, and uncomfortable too.