Finally Free

Charlie and I decided to stay in for the rest of the morning. We had a cute, romantic breakfast by ordering service room and eating it in bed.

I was feeling like the weight was taken out of my shoulders by telling Charlie about my past. Maybe it was too soon? I'll never know. 

But I guess he felt like I did the right thing by telling him everything too, because after our conversation, Charlie, out of nowhere, came and asked me to be his girlfriend. I've never felt so happy. It might seem too soon, but it just felt right. Been with Charlie just felt right. 

That afternoon Charlie had a meeting with a few of the other Mare Nostrum members to discuss their work on their current project, so I spent the first half of the afternoon walking around by myself. 

I was sitting on the bench by the beach, watching a couple of guys surf when my phone started to ring.

- Ei mãe. (Hi mom.) – I answered the phone.

- Oi querida. (Hi sweetheart.)

- Ta tudo bem? (Is everything okay?)

- Ta. Está sim. Só estou com saudades. (Yeah, of course. I just miss you.)

- Estou com saudades também mãe. (I miss you too mom.)

- Como foi a sua viagem? (How was your trip?)

- Na verdade, eu não voltei ainda. (Actually, I'm not back yet.)

- Uau, então deve estar muito bom. (Wow, so it must be really good.)

- Está sim. (It is.) – I told her while thinking about Charlie.

- Uh Oh, eu conheço essa voz. Você conheceu alguém. (Uh Oh, I know that voice. You meet someone.)

- Como... Você...? (How did you...?)

- Eu conheço a filha que eu tenho. (I know my daughter.) – she said, and I could hear the smile in her voice. – Quem é ele? (Who is he?)

- O nome dele é Charlie. (His name is Charlie.)

- Americano? (American?)

- Canadense. (Canadian).

- Eu fico feliz por você querida. Só tenha cuidado, está bem? (I'm happy for you, sweetheart. Just, be careful, okay?)

- Ta bom, mãe. Eu prometo. (Okay mom. I promise.) – I told her, smiling at her concern. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and I moved it from my ear to see who was calling. Charming Canadian. – Mãe, eu preciso desligar. Eu te ligo depois. Manda um beijo para o papai por mim. (Mom, I need to go. I'll call you later. Send Dad a kiss for me.)

- Tudo bem querida. Fica com Deus. Te amo. (Okay love. God bless you. Love you.)

- Também te amo mãe. (Love you too mom.) – I hang up the call with my mom to answer Charlie's. – Hey you.

- What are you up to?

- Nothing much. Where are you?

- Just finished the meeting and were on our way back to the hotel when Justin came up with something for us to do.

- I don't know if that is a good thing or not. – I joked, making him laugh.

- No, I promise. This time is good. We found this place that rents boats. And we are going to rent some gear. What do you say? Ready for our first scuba diving lesson?

- You know what? I think I am. – I said back, surprised by the level of confidence in my voice.

- Atta girl. Okay. I'm sending my location to you. See you soon?