Chapter Five

The Corrupted

He's taken my power. He's taken my body. He's taken my voice. He's taken my life. He's taken control of everything, and I can do nothing but sit back and watch.

            I've been screaming for so long I've begun to wonder if he even hears my pleads or if he just enjoys the sound of them. The rhythm and cadence of my despair.

            I wish he would end it. Have mercy and just kill me now, move on to another helpless body and torture them. It's a terrible thought, but I'm too weary to want anything but that.

            Except, inside, I know that I would never wish that fate on anyone. I would rather suffer the rest of my life than have the same fate fall onto the girl.

But I already know what he's planning. He's taken my powers and he will do the same with her.

            I scream for her to run, to fight, to do anything but stay and bend to his will. But I've been screaming so long and so hard that I know she can't hear me. She can't see what's coming in the future. She can't even contemplate the corrupt, ruthless plan he has for her.

            He laughs and I scream, but there's still no way for me to tell her, to warn her. There's nothing I can do.

            I'm trapped in a torture chamber, and she'll soon join me.