CHAPTER ONE

Hey everyone! So, if you somehow didn't see the story description, go read the first book if you haven't already, or stuff won't make sense. To everyone that's read it, welcome back! Hope you enjoy it lmao.

Percy and Alex skidded to a stop at the edge of the hunters' camp. Alex looked up at his brother. "Do we tell them that we're leaving, or..."

Percy frowned thoughtfully. He'd rather not face Artemis again, but it would be unfair to the hunters to not let them know.

"I think we're gonna have to tell everyone. Come on, let's go get everything we need first." They walked to the ice hut that they'd set up at the edge of the camp.

Ducking inside, they quickly packed all of their clothes into ice backpacks. They didn't need many clothes, due to Percy being able to literally wash their clothes with water vapour as they were wearing them.

Alex melted all of the furniture and sent it  out of the window in a thin stream and neatly into the lake, causing barely a splash. Then they walked outside, and Alex melted the rest of the hut. Percy took over, and raised the water above the lake. He was going to try a cool trick to place it in, but his concentration was interrupted by a voice he knew very well, coming from behind him.

"Percy... Why are you guys packing up?"

In shock, Percy unceremoniously dropped all of the water into the lake with a massive splash and half turned around.

"Artemis."

Then he realised what he'd done and spun back to look at the lake. Sure enough, there were some very angry naiads.

"Sorry!" He yelled, waving at them. Realising who he was, they all started to blush and giggle, waving back. Suddenly, their eyes locked on something behind Percy and they dived underwater at once.

Percy turned to see Artemis glaring ferociously at them. He rolled his eyes, and walked past her, back to where the house had been. Artemis shouted at his back.

"You didn't answer my question!"

Percy looked back at her over his shoulder. "I'm going to tell the rest of the hunters. You might as well come along and hear there." He said, walking away.

Alex walked beside Percy, their dogs padding along beside them, and Artemis followed behind, head down and deep in thought. How could she get Percy to trust her again?

In no time, they had reached the central campfire of the camp. It burned brightly in the evening darkness, starkly contrasting with Artemis' current sad mood.

Some of the hunters that were already near the fire for one reason or another looked up curiously at the boys, noting the icy packs slung over their shoulders.

Percy took the conch horn that was hooked on a post near the fire in case someone needed to sound the alarm, and blew into it. The rest of the hunters all came running in soon after, wondering what was wrong. Once Percy was sure all of them were there, he started.

"So. Um... I don't really know any soft way to put this. You won't be seeing us for a while, I don't think. We're leavin-" The son of Poseidon was cut off by a young figure sprinting at him and hanging onto his shoulder.

Shoot, he thought, all of the younger hunters are gonna kill me for this.

"Grace," he said, trying to gently peel the young girl off. "Grace, let go."

"No!" The girl yelled. "You can't leave us, Percy Jackson! I'll hang onto you as long as I need to!"

Percy sighed, and turned back to the rest of the hunters. "I'm sorry, but I don't really want to stay here anymore. I'm sure our paths will cross again." He said solemnly. The girls all just stared back sadly. They could quite easily guess his reasons.