CHAPTER SEVEN

Yo! Me again. Sorry it's been a couple of days without an update, but I don't think I can realistically update every day anymore.

Also, I want to say something. Three or four people have already come to me with story requests, but the thing is, I've had like 8 ideas for stories ready since I started writing. So for the people that have asked and anyone else, I promise it'll happen at some point, but for now I'm just working on my own ideas.

Anyway, enjoy!

Percy and Jason sprinted through the trees, jumping and flipping from branch to branch. Percy being god of the hunt had greatly increased his ability to do things like this, and Jason used the wind to assist himself. Suddenly, they let themselves drop.

"SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP M-!" A girl's voice was screaming, but she paused in shock when two people dropped out of nowhere, killing the two monsters that had been chasing her for hours. She had only managed to keep ahead by her natural speed, but judging from the monsters, she probably had some kind of power, she realised.

Percy and Jason looked up at her and grinned happily.

"Yassou!" Percy chuckled.

"Ave!" Jason laughed, while muttering in an aside to Percy. "I definitely got mine first."

"Yassou!" The girl automatically responded to Percy, before looking at Jason in confusion. "What on Earth did you say? Wait, what on Earth did I say?"

Percy laughed. That was their normal test to see if it was a Roman or Greek demigod. "Don't worry, come back to our camp and all will be explained." He said kindly, stretching out a hand. "And yeah, dream on, Blonde Superman." He muttered back to Jason.

But the girl drew back, looking a little frightened. "My... My mom told me not to trust anyone..."

"Your mother! Is she here?" Percy winced, his eyes widening. He and Jason had just gotten here, and it seemed they might have underestimated the situation.

The girl, who looked to be about twelve, the age Percy had been when he first entered camp, pointed behind her with a trembling arm. "A monster got her... She told me to run..." She murmured, crying silently. "What is going on?"

Percy immediately leapt into action. "Jase, get her to camp and let Piper explain things to her. I'll go find her mother!" He yelled, sprinting off at godly speeds. Jason nodded and quickly extended his gladius, gazing piercingly into the surrounding forest. The two worked together like a well oiled machine. Well, the whole group could by now, it had been four months since they had been formed, after all.

Percy quickly found the lady. She was lying on the ground, surrounded by three hellhounds, who were prowling around her and slavering ferociously, clearly just messing with her before they killed her.

"Didn't your hellhound mommies wver teach you not to play with your food?" Percy grunted as he sliced through them, his lip curling in disgust.

He knelt by the woman. "Ma'am, you okay?" He asked worriedly. She shook her head, and pointed to her side. Percy looked there, and winced at the large bite marks that pierced her. It looked like a hellhound had grabbed her side in its mouth and swung its head, throwing her.

Percy quickly formed water from the air and used it to heal her up. "Thank you," she grunted as she tried to get up, leaning heavily on Percy for support. "But who are you?"

"I'm Percy, a god." He replied. At this, she got extremely suspicious and pushed herself away from him.

"Don't lie to me!" She yelled. Her eyes were locked cautiously onto the weapon in his hand, Riptide, so Percy assumed she could see through the Mist at least. "Hermes himself said he couldn't help me because of some stupid Ancient Laws or something, so if you were really a god, you would be similarly bound!"