CHAPTER ELEVEN

Hey guys! Another chapter up here. This will be the last one in the whole Chimaera hunting arc, and I'll move onto some action with Percy's hunt next. Hope you enjoy!

Artemis and Percy split up to cover more ground. Since it was still rather early in the morning barely anyone was around yet, so nobody asked them about how suspicious they looked.

They came together again, close to the edge of the pier. "I haven't seen them." Percy said, annoyed. "It doesn't make sense, the fish have never been wrong before."

Artemis smiled at him. "Stop treating them like Oracles or something, Percy. Although they were right. The two are over there." She said, pointing at the edge of the pier. Sure enough, Echidna and the Chimaera stood there facing in their direction, clearly ready for an attack. The Chimaera was still in chihuahua form, but it looked wary all the same.

"But how do they know we're coming?" Percy muttered as he began to stride towards the prey, making sure his weapons were ready.

"You have the aura of a god now, Percy. Why didn't you suppress it?" Artemis said, as if it was obvious.

"Did you tell me?!" Percy shouted. "I didn't even know I could do that."

Artemis shook her head with a smile. Teasing Percy was one of her favourite things to do now. She then looked at their targets, who were right in front of them now.

A standoff commenced, where everyone waited to see who would make the first move. The tense silence continued for five whole minutes before Percy couldn't take it anymore.

"Yo, Chimaera! This town ain't big enough for the both of us." He said, drawing Riptide from his pocket like a gun.

Said monster growled, and its mother followed suit. "Percy Jackson. I see your attitude has grown to be even more infuriating now."

"Echidna. I see your dress is in an even larger size now." Percy retorted casually. Artemis had to cover her mouth with her hand to stop from bursting with laughter.

Echidna growled angrily again. "Get them sonny- AH!" She screamed as Artemis' first arrow pierced through her shoulder. Immobilised by the pain, she didn't notice Percy throwing his trident until it was too late.

The weapon went right through her neck, beheading her and sending her back home to Tartarus. The Chimaera, still in its dog form, could only watch as its mother crumbled away.

Suddenly, the monster enlarged itself and roared. It was now in its true form, and even though Percy had seen it before, it was still mind-numbingly strange.

I searched up what it looks like, it's badass. Imagine this thing coming at you full speed, like gahdamn.

It had the head of a lion and the body of a goat, with a goat head sticking out of its back

It had the head of a lion and the body of a goat, with a goat head sticking out of its back. The goat head breathed fire while the lion head roared, and there was a massive snake coming out of its rear end.