CHAPTER EIGHT

WHASSUP EVERYBODYY! It feels like ages. My WiFi's been on some mad s***, so I couldn't update on anything. Both Wattpad and FFNet weren't letting me publish anything on my mobile data either. So here's a chapter for both books!

Percy walked out of the throne room, angrily punching the door on his way out. Why, Zeus? Haven't I been through enough already?

He was about to keep walking through Olympus, but then he sensed a presence leaning against the wall behind him. He stopped, and spoke without turning. "I hope you're happy now."

Artemis walked over to him and grabbed his shoulder. "What happened to you promising never to run from me?"

Percy rolled his eyes. "At the campsite? I didn't run. I stayed right where I was."

Artemis huffed, surreptitiously sliding her hands down to his own. Percy, noticing, snatched his hand away, scowling at her. Some of the gods hanging out in Olympus threw him jealous looks. He had one of the most beautiful, unattainable Olympian goddesses after him, and he was rejecting her?

"Well, seems Artemis is getting looser, huh? Don't mind if I do..." A minor god muttered, starting forwards, and his four companions grinned and nodded in agreement.

The five minor gods started trying to cop a feel from the maiden goddess. Fast as light, Artemis whipped her bow out, ready to make them pay for their insolence with their reproductive organs.

But Percy was faster.

The young god immediately drew Riptide and sliced their reaching hands off. They screamed in pain, and Percy summoned his trident and ended them quickly through the spines. Hopefully they would take their time reforming in Tartarus.

Artemis made her bow disappear confusedly. Percy had protected her, then taken vengeance, that viciously? Then she gave a coy smirk.

"Percy, were you just looking out for me?" She asked, smiling and grabbing his hand.

Percy snatched his hand back, again. "Whatever. They were scumbags anyway."

Artemis walked up close to him. "Are you sure that's the only reason?" She teased, looking up into his eyes.

Percy looked away stubbornly. "I said, whatever. I don't care."

Artemis turned his face back to hers. "I think it's because no matter what you say, you still want to be with me, hmm?"

Percy went over to a random bookshelf on the street. Athena and Annabeth had had them installed in case they were ever walking through Olympus and were struck with the desire to read, which apparently happened a lot more than you might think.

He pulled a book out and pointed to it, and then at Artemis. "Hey, look at this book!" He called. "It's called The Lion, The Witch, and The Audacity Of This Bi-!"

He was cut off by Hestia popping up behind him, slapping him upside the head, shouting "Language!", and disappearing again.

Percy rubbed his head, bewildered at the sudden interruption. "I swear," he glared. "You women are all getting way too comfortable doing that to me. My mom even did it last time I visited her!"

Artemis laughed and bounced off, stopping and turning around to wait for Percy. No matter what he said, he wouldn't be able to get her down again.

She had hope, and she had a whole trip with Percy ahead of her. What could she possibly have to complain about? This was everything she wanted!

Percy scowled at her as he walked up to her. He then realised that Alex and the rest of the group would be wondering where he was, so he spoke in their minds.