CHAPTER SIXTEEN

As you can see, I am not dead! (Who gets that reference?)

It's been a while, I know. So here's a 3k word chapter, with 2 more coming soon.

I've been focusing on my My Hero Academia book, which I've been posting on FF.Net. I'll probably start posting it here, too.

Also, what the actual Hades. I leave Wattpad for a while, come back, and suddenly Broken And Betrayed went from 53k views to 101k? Um, what? You guys clearly are not seeing the same horrible writing I am.

Anyway, please don't be mad at me, and enjoy!

Percy and Artemis jogged through a forest together, avoiding trees and logs while going at roughly eighty miles an hour. Oscar looked along beside Percy, his tongue lolling out as he ran. Above them, Jason flew along, with Atalanta, Piper and Jocelyn in a rough vessel he'd fashioned out of a stray venti.

"Are we nearly there yet?" Jocelyn, a hunter that looked around fifteen, asked.

"No." Jason said. "Still a ways to go."

"How old actually are you two, by the way?" Piper asked curiously, relaxing in the warm wind at her back.

"Few hundred years, give or take." Atalanta said cheerfully, twirling an arrow between her index and middle fingers.

"Around forty, maybe?" Jocelyn said.

Down on the ground, Percy rolled his eyes as he swung from a tree branch to land on a sloped boulder. "Forty years old and she's still asking 'are we there yet'?"

Artemis slapped his arm. "Shush. No insulting my hunters, or I'll insult yours."

"But mine are perfect."

"And mine aren't?"

"Well, it was you choosing them. I thought we'd already established that your judgement was-"

"Are we there yet?"

"No. And you don't want to keep asking that." Piper said, lacing her voice with charmspeak.

Percy continued running, forgetting what he had been saying, then realised Artemis was staring at him dangerously as they ran. "What are you, an ostrich?" He asked, snickering.

"My judgement is what, exactly?" Artemis said sweetly, weaving through trees without even looking.

Percy gulped. "Uhh, nothing?"

"Are we there yet?"

"SHU- Oh wait, we actually are. Jason, stop!" Percy said, glad for the interruption. Teasing Artemis was funny, but he could never tell when she was genuinely getting angry.

Jason floated to the ground, releasing the venti and letting the three girls down into the ground. The wind spirit growled angrily and went speeding towards him for revenge.

Percy sighed. He turned all the molecules in the air around it it into liquid water, encasing it in a globe. Then he shrunk the globe as much as possible, until it was so dense it was turning into ice. He then caught the globe, which was now about the size of a baseball, and then threw it a far as possible.

It sailed away, gold dust trailing behind it as the spirit crumbled away. Percy dusted his hands off. "Don't have time to waste on that guy. Let's go."

They walked forward into a small clearing, kneeling at the centre. A fireplace had obviously been there recently, and the charred and sticks and stones were scattered around as if someone had kicked it out too violently.