CHAPTER FIVE

Sorry, guys. I've not really had much time to write over the last couple days. So, as an apology, I woke up a little earlier and wrote as much as possible. And result, my first 3000 word chapter!

Also, 1k reads already? Madness. B&B didn't get that many for like a month lol. Thanks, everyone!

Anyway, enjoy! Arrivederci!

"What's so bad about Artemis?" Connor asked, confused.

"Yeah, Perce, I thought you were on some very good terms with that goddess," Travis teased, elbowing Percy playfully in the stomach.

But Percy was in no mood for teasing. His gaze was fixed on the maiden goddess, the god being too infatuated to even try tearing it away. Alex, noticing this, rolled his eyes, shook his head, and proceeded to explain the situation to the rest of them.

After he was done, the child of Aphrodite in their group squealed. "It's so romantic!"

Nico turned and directed a withering glare at her. "Sophia, what on Earth seems like it's all nice and happy endings in this situation?"

Sophia remained decidedly unwithered. "Well, nothing right now, obviously. But we can help them get back together!" She cheered.

And that was what pulled Percy's eyes away from the auburn haired goddess at the front of the camp. "What? No. Nu-uh. Not happening, young lady."

"Awwwww."

"Tough. Anyway, I've got a plan. Alex, come here." Alex came over, and Percy explained his evasion plan...

At the front of Camp Jupiter...

Artemis, in her Roman form as Diana, crossed her arms and looked at the less experienced praetor of the camp, Frank. "And you are sure that he's not here." She asked.

"Y- Yes, I'm sure, milady." Frank stammered respectfully. No way was he getting castrated for being slightly disrespectful. "Is there something you wanted him for?"

"No, it's fine. Go back to what you were doing, sorry." Artemis said. Where is Percy? He's gotten permission to start his new group, and he won't want to go anywhere near the Greek Camp. So why isn't he here to recruit?

Little did she know that the very man she was looking for was about thirty feet away in the trees.

Suddenly, Alex appeared behind Artemis and starting to walk towards the camp with Nate and Sadie in tow. Artemis, hearing the boys talking, immediately spun around and sprinted at them. "ALEX! Where's Percy?" She yelled at him.

"Why do you want to know?" Alex asked, stopping and half turning to face her.

"You're the girl who hurt Percy..." The eight year old boy next to him muttered inaudibly. Alex had explained the entire situation, and what Percy's feelings still were, but the only thing the young child had taken from the explanation was that this goddess had made Percy feel bad.

Artemis looked at Alex pleadingly. "I need to try and explain to him again. I need to try and save 'us'!"

Before Alex could answer, his companion cut in. "Why don't you go to Tartarus and make an 'us' with him instead? Go away from Percy and don't hurt him more, he's my friend!"

Artemis' eyes widened, and then she stepped forward, raising a hunting knife.

Alex whipped Shifter out and stepped to intercept her. "What, you would kill him for that?"

"No, just frighten him." Artemis murmured, stepping back again. Alex had surpassed her in fighting skills ages ago. "How dare he disrespect me like that!"