CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The group all followed Tyson back to the main entrance of the base, looking around in awe at all of the stuff he'd produced.

"Whoa..."

"So cool..."

"What does this do?" Nate asked, pointing to a lever. Tyson turned around.

"Activates some defences outside." The Cyclops said. "Please don't touch!"

Too late.

"Cool!" The eight year old shouted, pulling the lever before Callum, the son of Mars next to him, could reach out and stop him.

"Oh boy..." Callum said nervously.

"What?" Nate asked. All he'd done were turn on some defences.

"I really hope the people approaching weren't friends..."

Everyone paled and ran to the entrance.

A knock came from the big double doors at the front. They all looked at each other, sweating a little.

The person knocked, a bit louder this time.

Then, lots of people started hammering on the doors. "LET US IN OR I SWEAR TO THE GODS WE'LL DESTROY YOU ALL!"

Most of Percy's group didn't recognise the girl's voice, but the Stoll twins and Alex paled immediately.

Alex opened the door cautiously. "Uh...hey, Atalanta. Sorry?"

"GIRLS, KILL THEM!"

Alex shut the door. "Nate, you idiot."

"How was I supposed to know!"

"Don't turn on the defences without checking if it's alright to do it!"

Tyson fidgeted with a piece of metal nervously. "Lucky it was only the Level One defences Nate activated..." He murmured.

Alex gaped in shock. The hunters outside looked like they had just pulled through a life or death battle, with torn clothes, burns and bruises. And that was only Level One?

He slowly eased the door open a crack. "Umm, hi, girls..."

This time it was Celyn piercing him with a glare, almost making him wilt in fear. "Alexander Hart. Open this door. Right. Now."

"Who d'you think you are, Zeus or something? It's just Alex, y'know." Nate's voice shouted from behind the lieutenant of Percy's hunt. His group all winced and glared at him, while Alex, the only one Artemis' hunt could see, visibly paled before shutting the door.

Suddenly the door opened, the eight year old was tossed out, and Alex's head popped out. "Here, he's the one that said that, and also the person who turned on the defences. Have fun!" He said before shutting the door.

The hunters immediately took off after Nate, who had already started running for his life.

Inside the base, Alex slapped Nate over the head. "You're lucky Rose has been working on illusions, otherwise we'd all be dead."

Rose smiled. "Yeah, but I can only do so much. Once they get out of range, it'll disappear. And my range isn't that good yet."

"How far?" Jason asked.

"About twenty metres. It just disappeared."

"Dam. We may be done for."

Someone started banging on the door again.

"I'm too scared for this." Nate said.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE!" They yelled, just as Tyson opened the door happily. They all turned around. "TYSON, WAI-"